Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

for those who are FF....

how much are your little ones drinking in a day now?

Blake is nearly 9 mnths and has 3 bottle + 3 meals a day. He has a 6oz in the morning, 6oz after mid day nap and 8oz before bed, but I think he may be losing interest in his afternoon bottle. He has other milk during the day in the form of cheese, yogurts and milk in his cereal. This weaning malarky doesn't get any easier, lol.

Replies

• It's a minefield isn't it? M doesn't have much at all really (she's always been on the low side though with her milk intake). She has maybe 4oz in the morning, she'll sometimes have 4/5oz mid morning and/or mid afternoon and then normally about 5oz before bed. Sometimes she'll refuse a bottle a few days in a row and then just as I am about to drop it, she want it again! x
  • Sprogs has never been a big milk drinker - she has 3 meals a day - a snack in the morning and afternoon. She has 4-5oz at 7am 2-3pm and 7pm. It's usually 12-14oz a day not much I know but she has whole milk with breakfast and cheese and yogurts. I try and addlore milk in cooking - mash - cheesy sauces etc She has gone off her 2-3pm feed over the past week not sure if that's down to teething or refusing - I ll see how she goes on x
  • Rhea has 2 bottles sometimes 3. She has a 6oz in the morning, but some of this is mixed with her weetabix & a 6oz mixed in with half a weetabix before bed. She has lunch, dinner, morning & afternoon snack & the very odd time she has a 6oz bottle mid afternoon. She has a huge appiete though.
  • Not much at all. He has a 7oz bottle in the morning and drinks maybe 4/5oz of that, so the rest goes on his cereal.

He won't really have an afternoon bottle, and has another 7oz bottle before bed, and will have about 5oz of that.

I was a bit worried, but it seems like everybody's LOs are similar. As long as they are eating well and getting calcium from other things, I'm sure it's fine.

xx
  • Leah doesn't drink too much either

Had 4-6oz on her cereal. Give a bottle before afternoon nap and before bed. Sometimes she will drink it sometimes she isn't interested at all x
  • I've just put D on a second bottle in the day as I've gone back to work and needed to drop a the breast feed. She's now having breast feeds morning and night and two 7oz bottles in the day which she drains in minutes! Seems like a lot compared to everyone else :?
  • grace is the same as Daisy Lizzie. I wasn't sure how much she was getting from the 2 BFs so I tried dropping one and moving the mid afternoon bottle to bedtime but she started waking up for night feeds again so we've gone back to 2 7oz bottles late morning and late afternoon and BF at bedtime and early morning (unfortunately this has gone from being 6.30/7ish to 4.30/5ish in the last week for no apparent reason - although it's killing me!!).

I also give G 3 meanls a day - 2 spoon fed and 1 finger foods so she prob has a bit less at that meal. She has pudding after lunch and tea too and plenty of yoghurt/cheese/cows milk etc in food.