Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

What are you giving as snacks?

I feel a bit uninspired! What do you your LOs have for morning / afternoon snacks? I have enough trouble with meal ideas!

K x

Replies

• LJ has:

fruit (mango/pineapple fingers normally)

bread sticks (he loves Spelt ones)

Rice cakes

Organix crispy things

Plum Spelt fingers

Dried apricots (the brown ones not the bright orange ones)

Erm...think that's it.

I am, awful as it sounds, soooo glad that my childminder now has to think of meals 3 days a week as I am running out of ideas big style!!!

Hxx
  • I struggle with this too. Leah has 3 meals with 2 puddings and has milk for her 2 snacks before her naps.

do give her some organix crisps or rusks x
  • I haven't really given snacks as she has a bottle at 10.30 and 2.30 which are pretty much exactly between her meals. If she seems extra hungry I've gone for rice cakes, fruit or an extra yogurt which she loves!
  • I just give her fruit or a biscuit, sometimes she doesn't want the snack and rather play with it lol!
  • I can't seem to find time for snacks in between meals naps and bottles but if we're out and about I give her a bit of banana, some organix carrot sticks or baby biscuits of some variety!
  • Rhea would have, biscuits, rice cakes, babybel cheese, mini chedders, basically anything going at the min. She is quite partial to the wee biscuits u get with a hot drink in the M&S cafe lol.
  • Tea cake (or fruit bread if I'm in Starbucks)

Cheese sticks

Breadsticks with cream cheese or hummous

Rich Tea Finger Biscuits

Plum Minky Moon Biscuits

Banana, apple or pineapple slices

Satsuma (watch out it stains)

Toast (some of mine if I'm eating it)

Oatcake with dairylea

Raisins

Blueberries

That's about it...
  • Hello!

Sorry if I repeat some...

- bread sticks (with humous if we're not out & about)

- rice cakes (with philly if we're not out & about)

- various Organix snacks

- fruit - bits of apple, pear, satsuma, nectarine, whatever we have really

- cheese bread sticks - I've not given these yet but keep meaning to make some as they're so easy to do & would be a lovely snack!

- crumpet

That's it I think....