Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

Feeling rough

I woke up in the night feeling like I had the worst hangover ever, headache and feeling sick (I wasn't drinking last night!). Turned into a really bad case of sickness and diarrhoea.

Just made me realise how much harder it is being ill now I'm a mummy. DH is able to work from home today to help, but I still have to feed her. I actually had to feed her last night whilst sitting on the loo and simultaneously chucking up into her top and tail bowl (nearest handy recepticle) - sorry TMI!

I'm a bit worried about my milk supply as I'm really dehydrated and haven't been able to stomach much to eat. Do you think it will be ok? I've got some EBM in the freezer but the little minx won't take a bottle. Maybe she will if she's hungry enough...

Sorry, pointless post, just feeling a bit sorry for myself!

Replies

• Oh hun. I hope u feel better soon. It is so hard when u get ill. Hopefully it's only a 24 hour thing.

Huge hugs
    Jaynexx
  • Oh no, not fun honey! Hope you feel better soon Honey...

Hxx
  • Hope you feel better soon Liz xxx
  • Oh no! How awful for you. I remember the first time I was ill after dd1 was born - I got a migraine which struck at about 4pm - I was so panicky until dh got home as it was that total realisation that you're a mummy 24/7 no matter what - no sick days allowed!

Hope you're feeling better soon anyway and don't stress too much about your milk, just try and keep as hydrated as possible - I'm sure your body will prioritise producing milk.

Xxx
  • Oh poor you. I hope it's working its way out now xxxx
  • Thanks everyone, feeling a bit better now as I've managed to keep some food down. Bit gutted as it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow and DH had booked a meal out and a babysitter for this evening, I guess we'll have to reschedule for another time.

On the plus side I'm expecting a positive result in this week's weigh inimage