Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First period?

Just wondering when I should get my first period? Matilda is 6 weeks and the lochia stopped about 2 weeks ago. Who's jhad theirs and when?

K x

Replies

• Options
    MIne has arrived today (exactly 6 weeks to the day from when Oliver was born!)

It's very heavy and painkillers aren't touching the pain.

H x
  • Options
    Mine hasn't arrived yet & rhea's 9 weeks & stopped bleeding at around 6 weeks
  • Options
    I did hear the average was 6 weeks H so you are spot on! Matilda is 6 weeks today too! image

Looks like there is no definitive answer if you two are anything to go by! x
  • Options
    If you exclusively bf then it doesn't usually start until you start weaning lo or the amount of milk they take drops off (or at least that was how is was with me). With my previous 3 I didn't get a period for 4 months, once i'd started weaning them.
    It's not always the case though, some women bf and still have periods from early on. And as for those who bottle or mix feed I haven't got a clue image
  • Options
    Yeah, my HV said EBF was 98% effective as contraception for the first three months so I don't expect anything for another month or so....fingers crossed anyway!! x
  • Options
    Hey mine arrived last week and has just stopped today. My little one is 7 wks old. I've always been really regular. It was very heavy compared to normal
    Have not missed them that's for sure!! Very weird having periods again!
  • Options
    Mine arrived on Wednesday (9 weeks after LO) and it's really heavy. Am having to used much stronger tampons that before. Hope it's a one off.
  • Options
    Good grief! Mine finally turned up and it is vile! I hope this isn't the sign of things to come! Can't be doing this every month!
  • Options
    I'm really starting to dread mine!!! Another reason I wish I'd not given up BF!!!

Also, can't start my contraception till 7th July as am getting an implant and they don't have any appointments before that so no chance I'll get away with no period before then

Rubbish!!!

Hxx
  • Options
    Mine is really tailing off after 4 days now, so hopefully the worst is over. It was so heavy on Wednesday, I have never seen anything like it!

H x
  • Options
    Well mine has started today & my god, it really wants to let me no it hasn't been here in 11 months!!!! Think I may just go back to bed with a hot water bottle & a co codamol!!!!!