Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bedtime routiens

Hi Ladies,

I need some advice. Are you all trying to put your little ones in a bedtime routein (sp?) At the moment, Blake has a feed at around 8ish then bed at 9pm. Do you think this is to late? if you try and put him in his crib during the day/daylight he will not settle, so keeps napping in his rocking chair, which is something I'm really not happy with him doing, but its the only way my little man gets his rest?

Some help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks ladies.

Leeann & Blake (2 weeks)

Replies

• We don't have a bedtime routine yet, but find rhea has a feed at 8 then 11 & that's her for 4 hours. We decided she can dictate her own routine until 6 weeks cause she's still eating so much as she seems to be a very hungry baby. So once we see how she likes to do things we will put our routine in then.

Jayne & rhea 4 weeks today!!
  • We don;t have a routine as yet and I'm not going to stress too much about it until 6-8 weeks which is when we started to get DD1 into a bedtime routine. I wouldn't stress too much as it's still early days. Grace spends most of her time either being fed or sleeping in our arms at the moment which isn't ideal but this stage lasts such a short time I'm appreciating just being able to cuddle her endlessly at the moment as I know we'll get a proper rooutine underway in a few weeks.

xxxx
    Feebs & Grace (1 week & 1 day)
  • We don;t have a routine as yet and I'm not going to stress too much about it until 6-8 weeks which is when we started to get DD1 into a bedtime routine. I wouldn't stress too much as it's still early days. Grace spends most of her time either being fed or sleeping in our arms at the moment which isn't ideal but this stage lasts such a short time I'm appreciating just being able to cuddle her endlessly at the moment as I know we'll get a proper rooutine underway in a few weeks.

xxxx
    Feebs & Grace (1 week & 1 day)
  • Hi hun

I think 2 weeks is a bit early to try to get a routine going, like the others have said around 6 weeks seems a better option as by then you'll have some idea of your babys needs and wants.

xx

Mg and Etienne
  • I don't think you can really dictate a routine until babies are bigger. I'm going to try around 6 weeks but a couple of my girlfriends didn't until 12 weeks as it was just so hard. The only thing I'm doing difference at night is putting Amelia upstairs where it's dark, with no distractions and we don't talk to her like we do during the day. That way she knows the difference between nightime and day time. She feeds before we go to bed and then twice during the night.

I can't wait to try a routine as at the moment - after her 4am feed, she doesn't really go back to sleep - she naps on and off until 11am. It's very tiring.
  • thanks for your replys ladies. Makes me feel much better now. As it happens, Blake seems to be getting hiself in his own little routien so all is good. And he is now settling in his crib for daytime sleeps.

Leeann & Blake (2weeks + 4days)