Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

How to get him in his crib...

Lucas is now sleeping well in 3-4 hour blocks in his Moses basket overnight, but he's nearly outgrown it, and we need to move him into the crib in our room, and then onto the cotbed in his nursery.

We tried last night and he just wouldn't settle at all - he would while his light show was playing, but as soon as that stopped he woke up again.

Any tips to get him happy in it??

H and LJ xx

Replies

• I picked up a tip from my sister in law. She put the kids into the Moses basket then put that into the cot so they got used to being in a different surrounding then just put them into cot from there which worked a treat. Don't no If u could do that with the crib?

Jayne xx
  • g/c from march09...we put ds moses basket in the cot, and let hiim sleep in like that for a week, after a week, just put him straight in the cot, with no moses, and he was fine, didn't have any issues settling at all, u could try that, assuming the moses will fit in the crib, which it should do, just make sure he can see the bars coming up when he's in the moses, so that way he's used to seeing the bars around him...alternatively u could keep him in his moses at night for now, and over the next week put him in the crib for day time sleeps, that should also get him used to it, and once he's happy doing that u can then start using it at night too. xx
  • We can't get grace to sleep in her crib yet either so have been putting the moses basket inside the crib. Hopefully she's getting used to it and we'll be able to move her to the crib soon as the basket is a bit snug!
  • We've had the basket in the crib for the whole time as it saves bringing the stand upstairs, but the bars aren't visible above the basket so it doesn't help really...might try putting him in the crib during the day, see if that works.

So frustrating!!!