Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Grrrrr men!!!

Sorry rant alert!

I didn't post this last night cause I was emotional & tired but after sleeping it's still pi**ing me off!

My oh works 4 on 4 off pattern & when he's at work he complains everyday that he doesn't get to see rhea cause she's already in bed when he gets home & I refuse to try & keep her awake just to see daddy if she's tired. On his days off he's good cause he'll get up with her (he's having an extra hour in bed) & I'll get up bout ten mins later. Nearly every afternoon he goes for an afternoon nap & complains he doesn't get any sleep when he goes cause we're making too much noise!!! Then he goes put for a run & is gone nearly 2 hours.

Now it all got a bit much for me last night & blew up at him. Why can't he go out for a run mid morning rather than when rhea is at her most cranky, he always goes at start of bathtubs bottle bed routine & she's a nightmare to get off to sleep. I mean that's the time I need help the most. His response I can't be bothered going in the morning! Then I got onto him bout the nap thing, I don't mind him going but sometimes I just wish it was me. I never get an afternoon nap, I usually never want one, but the odd time like yesterday when I couldn't keep my eyes open it would be nice. I'd never complain about noise as I would rather have my eyes closed for an hour. Then just cause I was tired I brought up that he puts the lids on the bottles so bloody tightly I can't open them & with a screaming baby in the next room it stresses me out. Does he not think that when u put hot water into a bottle it moves so as it cools it moves out & it makes the lids so tight!!!!!!

I could go on but I won't bore u. Don't need to reply, I just enjoyed the rant.

Jayne xx

Replies

• Why don't they just think before they do things and our lifes would be so much easier?
    OH does do a lot and cooks almost everyday but the little things drive me mad. The afternoon naps annoy me so much, especially when he gets up and asks if I'm tired why I
    didn't do the same...well someone has to look after Ryan! He'll wash the bottles up but not put them in the steriliser because he wasn't
    sure what order to do them in- well there's only 6 bottles there so it's one load!
    I could carry on whinging about petty things all day but think I've gatecrashed your thread enough
  • Ughhh. Mine can be exactly the same. Every night when he gets home he always goes straight on the computer 'to send a few cork emails' and disappears for ages. When I go up to the office he's almost always on facebook or amazon! Also, he has bowel disease which does mean he needs to go to the loo a lot but it always seems to be just when I need him to hold grace so I can get something else done. Maybe I'm being unfair with that one but it always seems quite conveniently timed!! Also he's a devil for sloping off for an afternoon nap too! What is it with men and their need to nap?!

To be fair he does do his fair share of bath and bedtimes and we alternate getting up on a sat and sun so I do get a couple of hours to myself then but he never takes the girls out letting me have the house to myself whereas pretty much every weekend he gets half a day or usually more while I'm out and about with them both.

You are not alone Jayne! Xx
  • How annoying! DH is normally pretty good at doing his fair share of nappies, settling etc.

Last week though, he went to Scotland to see the Open golf with his friend. I was a bit cheesed off as he spends 3 days a week working away in Scotland as it is, and he's also going to see the Ryder Cup for 2 days in October.

Daisy was having a bit of a blip last week where she was waking 3-4 times per night, so I was pretty exhausted by the weekend. On Saturday I picked him up from the station and he was really grumpy. When I asked him why, he said it was because he was tired!!!! He who had spent 3 baby free nights enjoying himself! GRRRRR
  • Have to say my DH has p*ssed me off this morning as DD1 is away with my sister so we'd agreed that we'd just chill out in bed with Grace this morning as she's generally happy just to snuggle once she's had a feed.

Anyway I was up to her at 2 and 6 for a feed, then brought her into our bed and she slept til about 8.50. I fed her again and then went downstairs to change her nappy. Went to let the dog out and feed her and thought I'd make us both a cup of tea and take up some brekkie but when I got upstairs (it was 9.30 by this point) instead of thanking me for breakfast in bed, he got all arsey with me for not leaving him to have a lie in as "he works hard all week and needs at least one lie in a week"!!! I pointed out it was 9.30 so hardly the crack of dawn and that I actually never get a lie in as even when he takes the girls on a sunday I have to wake up and feed Grace first so usually am wide awake by the time they go downstairs. And that's without all the night feeds/nappy changes which he doesn't do at all.

It's now 11am and I've been up with Grace since about 10am whilst he went back to sleep after being in a foul mood with me (oh and had a pop that we'd run out of normal teabags so I'd made him a cup of decaff and why hadn't I realised we'd run out and bought more yesterday - even though he used the last one!!!)!

Grrrrrrr!!!!