Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Christmas?

I have seen there is a thread in Baby about Christmas Shopping and if people have started.
I haven't but have been saving ??50 a month since January so I'm not scrabbling around for money and worrying if we have enough to make Holly-Kates first christmas special.

So my question is..... our LO will be 8 months old in December, so what sort of things will you be buying for your LO's as I have no idea what to buy (although I know she will probably be more interested in the wrapping paper than the actual presents LOL)

Kim
xx

Replies

• Me and DH were talking about this the other day. We just said we were going to keep a look out between now and Christmas and if we saw anything that caught our eye we would buy it.

We're just going to get anything we like that is suitable for 6m + and 12m +. I'm figuring this Christmas will be easy as they won't be into anything 'specific' so to speak.

I'm sure they're all going to love tree lights and baubles!

H x
  • We're only going to buy a couple of things, we want to make it special but she won't remember it, so just a couple of small things, plus 1 big thing. Don't know what yet though. We have asked my mum & granny to either give money or buy her, her nextstage car seat. Which to begin with I found cheeky, but now I think, well y not she needs that.

Jayne xx
  • I feel a bit sorry for grace as she's going to get almost everything second hand from DD1 as there's so many toys in our garage we don't have room for many new ones! Like jayne though I think we'll ask for money/vouchers for practical things like clothes and shoes and anything big that we need nearer the time as I know from our first christmas with DD1 that grace won't have a clue what's going on!
  • I'm really excited about Christmas, although I know Daisy won't know what's going on. We haven't really talked about what we might get.

Money or something like premium bonds would be a great present this year, I'm sure she's going to get spoiled rotten!
  • We always keep an eye out for presents throughout the year as I hate shopping when everywhere is busy.

We're getting DS2 a play table as his main present & then he'll get books & other bits & pieces too. He's also got some Thomas toys from his big brother.

We keep being told by everyone that both our boys will be more interested in the paper & boxes but we've never had this with DS1 yet. It took us all day to open his 1st birthday presents last year & last christmas as he wanted to play with all the toys before he opened any more presents. It will be interesting to see what happens next week when he turns 2!!

Xxx
  • Kayleigh-Mae will get a bear from the build a bear workshop, all my kids had one for their 1st christmas. That'll be her main pressie, then just bit and pieces. DH has just started his own business so money is really tight and we'll have our 4 to buy for as well as nieces and nephews etc.
  • Karen I love build the bear idea. I love going there!
  • Thanks for the replies ladies.The way Holly-Kate is growing at the moment, she'll be having lots of clothes. I seem to be buying them and in a few days she's too long for them! I can't keep up.

Karen- I love the build a bear idea too. I think its nice that all your children have one- a lovely keepsake to remember there first christmas.
  • We're getting a Lollipop Lane Giraffe rocker as his main pressie and a Build a Bear too...I got one when we found out we were pregnant so think he'll get one to match! MIL will have cleared all the charity shops and carboots of crap to fill the house with, and hopefully we'll get his next stage carseat somehow!
  • i love the build a bear idea!!!! We havent started xmas shopping yet but my parents already ahve stuff ready haha. Leah is going to be very spoilt! x
  • Daddy wanted to buy the lo a build a bear as a present when she was born, they have lots to choose from.

well i wrote out a list of things to get my baby girl, and have been buying a few things over the past few weeks: a vtech walker ??24, playschool stacking cups ??13, laugh and learn Plggy bank, ??16, vtech musical book ??8, all from from play.com . Crawl & critter was ??25 reduced in toysrus ??12.99, and this laugh and learn turtle ??7.50.
    I'll just get a few more bits, probably clothes and thats all i'll be getting her. it will prob add up to ??100 which i think is more than enough. As i'm sure she will get spoilt off other ppl.