Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What activities / clubs will you be doing?

Well hubby is back at work on Tues (yikes!) and I am starting to think about what sort of activities Matilda and I will be doing, I am quite keen on starting Sing and Sign classes.

What does everyone else have planned or can recommend?

K and Matilda x

Replies

• I like to do baby massage and yoga too and am thinking of investigating the surestart centre near me. Will be nice to meet some local mums!
  • I don't know if we'll be doing anything formal. I mostly have DD with me and she will not sit still and quiet through a baby massage class! I might pop along to a breastfeeding group on a Tuesday morning whilst she's in nursery (she goes 2 mornings a week) but TBH I'm not really that keen to meet local mums. BTDT with DD - suffice to say my parenting ethos differs wildly from that of most of the local mums, they think I am some mental lentil-knitting, yoghurt-weaving hippy weirdo; and I got quite fed up with the constant comments about BF, cloth nappies, slings etc that I was subjected to last time I tried baby groups! I will stick with you lot, you're far easier to get along with!
  • I've started Baby Massage which is great and Amelia and I are going to Water Babies classes in two weeks time. I'm going to try Baby Sensory as well but not until my Massage class has finished or I'll be trundling to everything going.
  • suffice to say my parenting ethos differs wildly from that of most of the local mums, they think I am some mental lentil-knitting, yoghurt-weaving hippy weirdo; and I got quite fed up with the constant comments about BF, cloth nappies, slings etc that I was subjected to last time I tried baby groups!

:lol:

Tri - where did you find out about your baby massage? I'm having trouble locating any near me.
  • I'm not in any kind of state to be going out and about yet (but I did get my stitches out today!) but when I do the general plan is Mondays will be the NCT bumps and babies coffee morning (see life on the other side of the fence!), Wednesdays is Water Babies and the plan is to do something on Fridays too, I just need to find something good.
  • Kayecee - apparently sure start centres offer baby massage. Mrs s - btdt?? Xxx
  • BTDT - Been there done that!!
  • We're starting baby massage next week (they do a class at our gym...one of the main reasons we're still members there!) and we're off to the sensory room at a sure start centre tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to find out about BFing groups nearby as I was wanting to go to one of those too!

xxx
  • K

Just to say I asked my MW today and she gave me a leaflet of what they do at Sure Start centres. They do loads of activities at the one near me. I'm sure your MW/HV will point you in the right direction.

I can't wait to get out and do some!

Ruth - have a look on Netmums for BFing groups, I think there is a directory on there.

H xxx
  • Thanks Hayley! Not looked at netmums before but it's great - loads on it! xx
  • KayeCee - been to a sensory room at a surestart centre this morning, benjamin is a month old today and loved it - worth looking into xx
  • BTDT - Been there done that!!

Ahh! Thanks! X
  • Ruth - do they have a little angels service in your area? Round here they run drop in bf sessions which I'm thinking of popping along to.
  • I've signed up to start Waterbabies on 21st May (hopefully I'll be able to swim by that time) and will be going to a few of the SureStart groups too...Music and Movement and using the sensory room, and I think I'm going to try to find a baby massage class too. Found somewhere that does Baby Pilates too, and am tempted to try that too, but it might be expensive, so not sure I can justify it on top of the Waterbabies. There's a few more bits and bobs at the SureStart centre I think I'll pop along to when I get chance. Determined to meet some people in my area, as I know NO ONE!!!

H and LJ xx
  • Its definitely worth checking out your local health centre, sure start centre and leisure centres... they all can offer some lovely classes for babies.

We're signing up for baby yoga, baby massage, paediatric first aid and buggyfit classes. Sadly my local sure start does not have a sensory room but I love the idea so am going to research if there is one nearby.

Your HV should also be able to tell you about classes in your area.

xx
  • Thanks everyone! HV comes tomorrow MG so I'll see what I can find out! X
  • I just wanted to add that we went to a mums and babies thing at the cinema today - it was brill! While I can't say Benjamin loved it, he did sleep right through it which I figure is as good as!! x
  • I've also found a baby sign class that we are going to try out in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to start driving again so I can ac tually go places! x