Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO MrsSetters

Typical...I leave Lucas for one night with my OH and his parents and come back to a bubba with a red raw bottom! Turns out the inlaws looked after him from 10pm till 10am to let OH sleep and they didn't bother changing him, even though they noticed at about midnight he'd had a poo!!! I'm furious as he's never had it before as I'm so careful.

Question is, is there anything I can use to help him heal that won't ruin my BGs? Or is it just a case of give it time and let him be nappy free as much as possible?

Thanks hon!

H and LJ xx

Replies

• oh poor little thing! tbh i don't think a cream can do much more than just lots of fresh air and regular changing, not when it's due to a single bout of irritation. put some olive oil in his bum-cleaning water and lots of nappy off time. if it seems real.ly sore and you don't have any food allergies in the family, an egg white whisked up and painted on is soothing and forms a barrier against wetness too.

sorry, nak!! xx
  • Fab, thanks Beth, will give the egg a go, would never have known that one!

My poor boy!