Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I am so excited I cant sleep UPDATE

Sorry for the pointless post but I can't sleep so thought I would share

I am the eldest of 5 girls and my babiest sister is a week over due. Just had a text to say that her waters broke on the way to hospital

She isn't having contractions yet but I am so excited

I am going to be an aunty again soon

Yyyaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Well she had a baby girl at 1am this morning (the best birthday Feebs)
She had a nasty labour, baby got stuck because was facing the wrong way. She stayed at 5cm for hours and hours and then contractions stopped so had to go on drip to make them start again.
Ended in forceps delivery and poor baby has very very swollen head a HUGE dent on forehead and all her eyes are cut and sore :cry:

Mum and baby are ok other than that

I didnt have stitches and that was painful enough. Anyone have any ideas on anything I can get her to make her more comfortable?????

[Modified by: Wif on 22 August 2010 10:18:18 ]

Replies

• Ah congrats wif! Has he / she arrived yet? How exciting! x
  • Oh that is exciting - any news?
  • well I last heard at 8 this morning and she was having contractions a minute apart but only 2cms dilated.

Come on bubba where are you????????????
  • Bubs is just waiting til tomorrow to have the best birthday date just like me! August 22nd rocks!
  • Awww fantastic news! What have they called her? You can from mothercare etc gel packs that can be chilled or warmed and go in your knickers! Also a rubber ring (you can get special ones but even a kids one would do) to sit on as it is really painful doing anything but lying for the first few days.
  • Congratulations, can't offer any advice on the stiches I'm afraid, though!
  • Congratulations. Rubber ring sounds like a great idea. I had a lot of stitching and would have given anything for one of those at the time.
    xx
  • I had a rubber ring and was told not to use it by the midwife as it puts pressure onto the ouchy area apparently. Badedas rocks!
  • Thankyou everybody loads of great ideas to pass on to her

I have been to see them and they are both doing well

Sis is dosed up on morphene at the moment so not too bad

Thanks Tink for the link to the earth mama stuff, just what I was after so she has been spoilt. :\)

No name as yet. She has a couple in mind but cant decide. I think she wants to wait untill the swelling in bubs face has gone down so she can see what she really looks like :\)
  • Great news Wif, congratulations on becoming an aunty again! So sorry your sis had a rough time, I hope that she recovers quickly.