Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby milk tip if you're flying

I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this - I'd heard it mentioned but didn't know how to organize but if you're flying from Manchester airport (and prob most others) you can pre-order cartons of baby milk from the airside Boots to collect after you've gone through security so that it doesn't take up a chunk of your luggage allowance.

You can't do it online though (which is what I originally tried) but if you go to the airport website and search baby milk there's a link there with the phone numbers of the airside boots stores and you just ring and ask for what you need and they put it aside for you there and then. You don't have to pay over the phone or anything. You could prob order nappies etc as well as the guy I spoke to asked if I needed anything else although they're not so much of an issue to get through security.

You are supposed to order 7 days or more in advance but I only found out about this yesterday and the very nice man at Boots put it aside for me anyway even though it was only 4 days in advance image

Xxx

Replies

• That's interesting Feebs. I'm flying to Scotland on Mon and was just going to take my sterilised bottles with water in and then the milk powder in a dispenser. Will they let me? I am assuming I will have to taste the water? (which kinda misses the point of it all being sterile though!!!!) x
  • Good tip Feebs. Wish I was going away to try it! image

H x