Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Dot in the Cot

We've come down to my parents for a couple of days and they've bought a cot bed for Daisy to save using a travel cot as we come down quite a bit. She's been sleeping in the carry cot up to now but she's fast outgrowing it, and the moses basket at home, so last night was the first night in a proper cot bed (although still in the room with me).

Blimey, she looked so small! Because she was feet to foot, there were acres of mattress above her head, I can't imagine her ever being big enough to fill it! She slept ok though, hopefully means the transition at home won't be too bad...

Replies

• Ah bless.
    I put Kayleigh-Mae into her cotbed for the 1st time last night and even though she's almost 14 weeks she still looked lost lying feet to foot right in the middle of the mattress. Her arms didn't even touch the sides when she threw them out in her sleep. If she had still been in her crib she would have woken up doing that.
    I'm not enjoying just how quickly she's growing up. Especially as she's my last, so i'm never going to experience it again :cry:
    Sorry I've gone off on a tangent.
    Karen x
  • Ah bless her. I reckon I have a super huuuuge baby as she looks quite comfy in her cotbed! Can even fling her legs round and touch the sides with her feet! Hope this bodes well for changing over at home Liz! x
  • I know I need to start putting Grace into her cot bed for daytime naps soon so that she gets used to it but she just seems so small - and she is not a small baby!!! I'm hanging on to her being in her crib as long as possible just in case it's my last time too!!!
  • She'll still only fall asleep on me, so I suppose in a way she doesn't even notice where I put her down - but she must wake up every morning thinking "where am I?" :lol: