Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just need to say this...

Feeling very emotional and weepy, and been reading all the stories about our little ones, and sat crying like a baby (although not as loud as mine!!!), and just had to say how much I value all of your support, advice and what feels like friendship. I think I would go mad without it, and especially since the birth just knowing I'm not alone makes this all bearable.

The midwife came to see me today, and she made me feel so much better about the whole topping up with formula thing, and explained that especially as Lucas is so big colostrum is great for him but just doesn't fill him up so it's totally fine to top up with formula and not to give up on BF but just supplement. She also highly recommended breast shells so MIL has gone to get me some along with Lanisoh cream to help too. Midwife is coming back tomorrow as LJ has a little jaundice and my uterus is still very high, so that's reassuring me loads.

To top it all off....LJ is currently fast asleep...in his Moses basket!!!! Result! I don't care if it only lasts 30 mins, it's all progress!

So thanks again ladies for all you have to offer...we are Mummies all...and it's so hard, but so worth it I know, but sometimes without someone reminding you that it's easy to dismiss ourselves and that we should never do.

H and LJ xx

Replies

• Options
    Just wanted to say I feel the same, so many good friendships!!! My hubby keeps saying it's such a pity we don't live closer to everyone as we all seem a great bunch cause I never shut up bout u guys!!!!

So glad Lucas is sleeping image u seem a lot more relaxed from ur previous post!!! It is so tough, but always remember we all new mummies & it's a learning experiance for us all!!

Jayne & rhea (currently asleep too in her basket)
  • Options
    So glad you're feeling better. I think it takes time to feel like that so don't worry,

I totally agree. It's so nice to have people to 'talk' to and I feel like I have made some great friends on here. It's great that we can now all share the next chapter together.

I am also mixed feeding and feel so much better for it and so does Oliver.

Hayley and Oliver xxx
  • Options
    Here, here! What a lovely post! I definitely regard you girls on here as good friends and it's great that we have a group on hand that are going through the EXACT same thing as us X
  • Options
    Oh me too! I don't know anyone locally who's just had a baby so without you guys I'd be going crazy!

So glad you're feeling better this afternoon renri. The breast shells and lansinoh will help if you give them a couple of days. And once your milk comes in you'll start to fill lucas up more - grace was starving on the colostrum! Today she's started to go a couple of hours between feeds though which is great! Xxx

[Modified by: Feebs76 on April 24, 2010 09:01 PM]

• Options
    Thanks all!

So glad things are starting to fall into place for everyone. I suspect my milk is just round the corner as I seem to be leaking a little now where I wasn't before and when he does feed he seems to be swallowing louder. He still needs topping up, but not too much. He's managed 2 naps by inopeld today too, an hour earlier and 40 mins just after 8pm when he woke up to feed again.

Let's hope we're all getting much needed sleep again soon!

H and LJ xx

• Options
    I totally agree, I thank god for this forum because there is so much support and advice on offer from people who care and are going through the same thing.

I would be lost without it too, especially in these early days of motherhood when the professionals throw advice at you and then leave you to it !

xx

MG and Etienne
  • Options
    Totally feel the same. You ladies have been such a support to me throughout my pregnancy, and a few of you ladies were also TTC at the same time, and were brilliant then too. Its lovely to know that I'm not the only one out there at 2am with a screaming newborn. Thanks to all for your continuing support. xx

Leeann & Blake