Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Colic !!??

Anybody else suffering with this about ready to jump out a window!?
My baby is 4 weeks now and it is getting worse and worse every day, I do not know how I can cope with this for the next 2-3 months ....

[Modified by: G-j-91 on 17 May 2010 10:17:08 ]

[Modified by: G-j-91 on 17 May 2010 10:17:43 ]

Replies

• Lucas has it pretty bad, we're FF so he's moved onto comfort milk, colief and I'm taking him for cranial osteopathy today as have heard great things about it.

The milk and colief has definitely made a difference so if you are FF you could try that, if you're BF you could express and use colief, you can get it on prescription...

It is such hard work and you can feel line a complete failure, but you are not, and you are not alone!

H and LJ xx
  • Yes!

Oliver has it, but we have it under control now (fingers crossed!).

We have moved on to anti colic bottles (not sure if you're ff though) and use colief in the milk. As he is a month old now, I have just started using gripe water after his feed.

He isn't 100% better, but there is so much improvement.

I'm also going to look into cranial osteopathy if it doesn't improve.

You're not alone and it will get better, that's what I tell myself.

H x

• It is nico to know other people have similiar problems , even though I would not wish it on anybody!!

I am formula feeding and using colief and infacol, I thought there was an improvement but the last few days have been the worse. Have heard mixed reviews about anti coli bottles, tommee tippee and dr browns, but I'm sure they're worth a go!

He is on hungry milk as of yesterday as health visitor told me to, she didn't mention comfort milk but i saw it online and it looks like it would posssible help!?

Poor little bubs must be frustrating for them aswell!
    thanks for replies xx
  • I might sound stupid but how can u tell if your baby has colic?
    I'm really struggling to wind my little one after feeding. He doesn't cry but seems really uncomfortable after feeding. He grunts and strains and looks like he's trying to push a poo out! But he's not and he's bot constipated so I'm sure it's that he's trying to get wind out. He's now a month old so was going to try gripe water?
  • colic is described as crying for 3 hours or more a day...

my DD is suffering so badly and its hell to be honest. She cries from about 7pm each night and it can go on for 6 or 7 hours. its awful to see her like it and i have to admit its really getting me down.

i am exclusively breast feeding and so using colief is a ridiculous faff. we try warm baths, massage, infacol, cuddles, vibrating chair, all work briefly but don't cure it.

we have our 2nd cranial osteopathy treatment today so am praying it helps.

you are not alone hun, its awful but it will pass

xx
  • MG

How did the cranial osteopathy go today?

H x