Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am so happy!!

Well ladies had the HV round today & am soooo happy with Rhea's weigh in.

Rhea was born at 6lb 6oz but when we left hospital 3 days later she was 5lb 10oz. She has slowly been putting on weight but not as much as we'd like. So last week we had decided to mix feed as my milk was not giving her enough ( & my nipples couldn't take nymore 2-3 hour feeds!). So after a week of mixed feeding Rhea has gone from 6lb4oz to 7lb 8oz!!!!!! big weight increase in 8 days!!! Still just in the lower scale of babies, but I don't care, she is growing & a lotmore happy & content. So is mummy image

Sorry bit of a gloat, but am so happy!!

Jayne & Rhea 4weeks 5 days

Replies

• Options
    Yay Rhea, and well done Jayne, whatever you're feeding her is working.
    I had Kayleigh-Mae weighed today she's now 10lbs 7ozs, has put on 1 1/2lbs in 2 weeks. And 3lbs 2ozs since birth.
    Karen + Kayleigh-Mae x
  • Options
    Excellent - well done Rhea!
  • Options
    Ah well done! x
  • Options
    That's brilliant jayne! Its so stressful when they aren't gaining weight isn't it? My dd1 took a long time to regain her birth weight and I remember how stressed out I was at the time. Got the opposite with grace who has been nicknamed the boob-monster and was 1oz over her birth weight at 10 days old! Greedy guts! Xx
  • Options
    Well done. Bet you feel tonnes better now xx