Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Exhausted!!!!

Ah does anybody else feel like they have gone back to the nights when bubs were first born!?
Dylan was being fab and was going 10-11 hours without food at night i couldn't believe my luck, but now he is wakin up once or twice in the night for food. Obviously I compeltely understand he has a small tummy and needs frequent feeds and I would never want to deprive him of his food! However, he wakes up many times in between crying for no apparent reason. Think he just is very bad at self settling, it is exhausting me and I end up bringing him into our bed anywhere between 4 and 6 in the morning just so I can get a couple of hours of sleep. My OH gets really frustrated with this saying it is an awful habit to get him into to, and as he is 14 weeks now I feel like it's getting more and more important to get his sleeping into a good routine to make both of our lives easier and to prevent drama in the future. But i just do not have a clue how to go about it! I pick up put down until he first goes to sleep, but when it's the 4th 5th 6th time he has woken up I just feel too physically tired to keep doing it.
Ugh it's driving me mad, I suppose I just have to get on with it , which is easy said in the day time but come the middle of the night it is a different story and I just want some sleep!

Rant over Well done if you read it all!