Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Would You?

When I was a little girl, I had a blanket that I used to sleep with and called it my "Cuddly". It was my comfort thing for bedtime. Anyway, I use Muslin Cloths when I feed DD and carry one round with her in case she is sick / dribbling etc as they are really handy to mop things up with. The last week or so she has be loving to cuddle the cloth and during the day pulls it up by the side of her face and cuddles into it and falls asleep with it too. Obviously during the day, I can see her all the time so I know now harm is going to come to her with it by her face. She seems to really want it at night as well as she doesn't like letting it go and kind of sleeps as though she does have it in her arms.

Do you think it would be ok for me to let her have it at night time as a comforter? It's only thin am worried its not safe to let her have it at night time in her cot.

Would you let your LO take it too bed?

Replies

• I'll be really interested in the replies to this as I'm struggling to decide the same thing. I let him keep it in his bouncer, car seat and pram and he's never pulled it over his face, so suspect he'd be fine but just so paranoid! Have to say though, if we're playing peek a boo he fights to get it off, so again that makes me think he'd be fine!

Decisions decisions!!
  • esme goes to slep at night with a blankie attached to a teddy from asda, but i move it out of the cot when i go to bed. same with her giraffe she likes to hold.