Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is anybody else just amazed...

....at how quickly their lo has grown up already?

Oliver is 16 weeks on Tuesday and is laughing, playing, rolling, 'talking' lots and sleeping at night etc and it's great. I just can't get over that 3 months ago he was just a baby that lay there and only slept, ate and cried.

It makes me feel really emotional thinking about it. That could also be the vodka though :lol:

H x

[Modified by: *HayleyR* on 06 August 2010 20:41:44 ]

Replies

• I am amazed at how much Finley has changed.

I can't beleive that he is already 4 months. I am loving this age. He was sleeping through but lately has started waking in the night again but surprisingly I don't really mind.

He cracks me up every morning when I can hear him "talking" away to himself waiting for me to go in and get him. His giggles just melt my heart and always chear me up.

He recently rolled over twice in succession to get to his toy and his new favourite trick is to roll onto his tummy when he is trying to get to sleep but he lands up stuck against the side of his cot and I have to go and rescue him.

I took this picture today and it really hit home just how big he has got.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs213.snc4/39002_1591222499909_1216278984_31612252_8178958_n.jpg

• I been thinking exactly the same today. Holly-Kate rolled right over for the first time today and I burst out crying! She will be 16 weeks on Sunday. Time is going so quickly, it's scary. I get so upset, I worry that I'll forget because everyday, she seems to have grown up that tiny little bit more!
  • Oh Finley looks like a proper mini man now!!! Gorgeous!

I'm going through a tough time with Lucas at the minute and I keep catching myself wishing the time away, as when I actually think about it I just want him to stay as he is, snuggled in the crook of my arm, staring up at me with that little smile! We're co-sleeping and nothing beats being woken up by a hand on my face, a chuckle and that grin!
  • It's just flying isn't it? Daisy is having a bit of grizzly/waking regularly phase at the moment, but she laughed for the first time yesterday and it just makes you forget everything else!
  • Its scary how quick the time is going! I met my friend and her 3 week old a few days ago and Grace was ginormous in comparison! She's so alert and interested in things and even though she's also going through a grizzly unsettled phase the smiles she gives make it all worth it!
  • I couldn't agree more, any grizzy phases are certainly out-weighed by the good bits.

Feebs - my best friend's lo is 5 weeks and I can't believe Oliver was once like that! He's seems so tiny. Oliver just seems so grown up compared to him.

H x
  • its going way too fast. i think Leah is still tiny but then i see friends new born babies and Leah is absolutely huge in comparison! 15 weeks yesterday and it only seems like yesterday i was constantly whining about yet another thing i hates about being pregnant haha x
  • I couldn't agree more. Went to baby massage on Friday and there was a little prem baby though who now weighs what DD was born at. Looked so small, I found it hard to believe she was ever that tiny. Now almost 16 weeks and cracks me up on a daily basis - such a little personality xx
  • I know, I can't believe it either! It is just amazing. Part of me wants them to slow down, but the other part of me can't wait to see the next stage!!

Benjamin is just the most brilliant little thing - sometimes Alex & I just stare at him & talk about how amazing he is! He is a lazy boy & shows very little interest in rolling (gone 3x from front to back, but it was during a massage & I think the oil & his changing mat made it more into a flip than a roll....!) or toys in general, with the exception being his jumperoo which he flies about in & loves bashing the various toys!!

We saw a 10-day old yesterday & I can't believe Benjamin was ever that tiny or helpless! My favourite time of the day is going into him when he wakes up, listening to him chattering away to his mobile, then giving me a massive beaming smile when he sees me!

xxxxxxxx

PS LOL Hayley @ vodka comment, it's wine doing it to me tonight!!! x
  • (gone 3x from front to back, but it was during a massage & I think the oil & his changing mat made it more into a flip than a roll....!)

:lol: It's just occurred to me the only time I have seen Tilda do it was at massage! Must be the oil! :lol: I completely agree about going in to them in the morning - love it! x