Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Never been more scared!

Omg I have never been more scared in my life than last night. We were on our way home from our hols, sitting waiting on the boat & rhea got hungry so fed her while in the car seat as didn't want to lift her out then hold all the cars up while putting her back in. Anyway, I jumped back into the car & rhea starts screaming, then gasping then nothing all in about a min, well I couldn't get the car stopped quick enough. Jesus my heart was in my throat, grabbed her out of the car seat practically threw her upside down & was slapping her back, & most of the milk came out & she started screaming. Jesus, I'm just so thankful she wasn't limp or going blue & I'm 1st aid trained. I have never been so scared, after about 5 mins after, she was all smiles as if nothing had happened!

Poor wee lamb. She's all grand now! Just couldn't believe it.

J xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh bless both of you!!! That must have been terrifying! I'm bad enough when he chokes a little on calpol!

Glad all was ok though.

How was your holiday?
  • Options
    That's really scary, glad to hear she was ok. Good job they have such short memories!
  • Options
    Bloody hell. I think I would have needed a stiff drink after that! Glad she is ok now though
    xx
  • Options
    Oh believe me as soon as i got on the boat I had a very large glass of wine!!!

HAd a really fab holiday, really loved centre parcs, & loved seeing all the family. Went to chester zoo as well which i loved!

J xx
  • Options
    OMG hon, you poor things. That's horrific.

For those interested, I'm signed up to a first aid course at a surestart centre in a few weeks which looks at resus, choking etc - for those interested you could try ringing round your local ones...

Glad you had a fab holiday Jayne,

xxx
  • Options
    Oh gosh, how scary. Glad she was ok though hun.

x