Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

more advice on camping?!

hey..ur advice on camping helped me alot and convinced me to go...im jus a little stuck on sterilising...i dnt think we can get a power supply....my husband does hav an adaptor that u can use in the car but if we cnt get it to work what else would u advise?! we are goin to b bout 2 hours away from home...do u reccomend i jus go home and do it?! sorry to b a pain!!! :P

Replies

• You can buy disposable pre-sterilised bottles...think Tommee Tippee do them...
  • You could either do as above and bu pre-sterilised bottles, or use the cold water sterilieser tablets you just put in water?
    We went away once and I forgot to pack any sterilieser tablets, so in the end we just boiled the bottles on water on the stove, thats how my mum used to do bottles years ago and I'm still here lol!! Baby was fine after doing that xxxx
  • Ahhhh that's brilliant thank u guys!!!!!!! Quite lookin forward to it image xxx
  • If you decide to use the pre-sterilised bottles I would strongly recommend trying some at home first. We used them once with DS1 & he really wasn't happy with them plus we had a few which leaked everywhere - led to a very stressful night & following day.