Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hahahahaha My work is a joke!

Sorry, If I don't laugh I'll cry!

So most of you know that work has annoyed me a lot while pregnant, but today really made me laugh.

So after being on the part time list for the best part of 3 years I had a phone call from my boss today saying the company have agreed to let me have part time of 50%, happy days I think. I thought wrong!

They have offered me 50% for 8 months of the year which will be 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, the other 4 months of the year will be full time (funnily enough a month after going back to work I will be full time) So for the summer months I will be working full time, which in my work usual consists of 6 days on 3 days off & in the summer you will be working the 6 days from 5am- 5pm or 11am- sometimes early hours of the morning depending on flight times. So I will be having roughly 80-90 flight a month & I will not see Rhea for very long if at all. They are having a F**king joke. Much to say I basiclly told my boss where he can stick that one & I will be applying for the government Flexi working. I don't think that place knows how to look after a child, where do they really think that this is a reasonable offer for me??

Ok, rant over.

Jayne xx

Replies

• Options
    I have no words of wisdom but feel your pain! My situation is no where near as bad but I'm facing 2 days a week where I won't get to see the girls on an evening as I'll be commuting from Wakefield to Manchester and that depresses me beyond words when I think about it. Your boss obviously has no kids if he thinks what he's offered you is in anyway family friendly!