Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

That dreaded word......Diet!!!

I know, I know!! Really don't want to have to even think about dieting but I can't put it off for forever!

I've mentally given myself until my 6 wk checkup which is in a couple of weeks, before I have to do anything about losing weight. But I'm starting to think about what diet to go on. I've always struggled with my weight and was a larger lady before the pregnancy. Luckily I only put on about a stone from my pregnancy but I've got a lot of weight to lose.

Just wondered if anyone else was starting to think about dieting and losing weight? What diet are you thinking of doing? There are so many of them out there now and some are so damn expensive!!!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    I was on Slimming World before I got pregnant and lost 2 stone - have put a stone and a half back on, but like you will be restarting after my 6 week check.

I recommend SW as you can eat and eat and eat without weighing and still lose weight - so easy to never go hungry and also easy to feed OH and LO without them feeling hard done by.

It is expensive to go to class, but I recommend going every week and staying to group as it really helps with the motivation.

Good luck!

Hxx

• Options
    I was also on Slimming world pre pregnancy and lost 3 1/2 stone! I have put on about a stone and plan to go back after 6 weeks! I also recommend SW and also advise staying to class as it does help to motivate you!
  • Options
    I'm a slimming world fan too! Lost 3stone last year and got to my target weight 4days before my bfp. I've given myself until 6weeks then going to go back to the sw way of eating, at the moment I'm still 2st5lb above that weight so a way to go again lol!
  • Options
    Well done Kayssis on getting to target! I was very lardy to begin with so didn't reach target before BFP. When I go back I reckon I will need to lose another 3 stone to reach target. Not flappin though as I know I can do it if I put my mind to it! I am glad I lost the 3 1/2 stone before as I don't think I would have got my BFP if I hadn't!!!
  • Options
    Well done to you ladies for losing so much. I was going to do slimming world as I did it a few years ago and lost a couple of stone but all the meetings in my area are in the evening and I don't have the car as OH works nights. Looks like I'm probably going to go to weight watchers with my friend
  • Options
    I don't think I'm going to make it to the meetings this time. Maybe we should set a day and all weigh in then post our +or-'s on here to help us keep on track?? xx
  • Options
    Ooh good plan...I'm game if others are...
  • Options
    That's a really good idea.
  • Options
    Def a good idea. I'm thinking of starting slimming world in a couple of weeks as long as they're k with me bringing Grace along to the class as the only one I can get to is on a monday afternoon... A weekly weigh in on here would be really motivating though! I never lost the babyweight from DD1 so have clothes I've not worn for 4 years and would love to fit into them again!!
  • Options
    I'd be up for a weekly weigh in too. I'm really bored of my maternity clothes now and really want to go shopping!

I've always just used calorie counting on a website called Weightloss Resources to track my intake, my diet is usually pretty healthy, I just need to cut out the sugary snacks I've been adding to it! Hoping that things will get moving a bit once I can get back into exercise as well.