Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bad night

Grace has been awake and wanting to feed constantly since 12.30am image

I am knackered and my nipples are raw. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere after 2 nights of her sleeping for 6 solid hours. Typical!

Anyway no need to reply but I just wanted to share!

Xxx

Replies

• Oh hun, I feel for you. Try to grab some sleep later if you can, which I know can be difficult/impossible when you have a young child as well as a baby.
    Is there anyone who can come and sit with them for an hour or 2 while you catch up?
    Karen x
  • Well my mum is coming over today but she's not always the most helpful!! I should have an hour while she takes jess to gym class assuming she gets here in time...!
  • Oh Feebs, isn't it always just as you think you are having a breakthrough.

I've had a terrible time since 4.30 this morning. Oliver has been wide awake since then (screaming) and has only just gone down.

I've just rang my mum in tears!

Hope you manage to get an hour later.

H xxx
  • Sorry to hear that, hopefully it's a one off and you can catch up on some sleep later

• Thanks guys! Not managed to get any sleep as mum didn't arrive in time for gym class so I went instead but she did take her to the park for an hour this afternoon so I got a little break - although grace fed the whole time! Just oping I get a bit more sleep tonight! X
  • I hope you and grace have a more restful night.
  • Did you manage to get a better nights sleep?

My hubby put Oliver to bed last night and swaddled him, he then slept for 4 1/4 hours! I'm going to be doing that again!

H x
  • Hope last night was better Feebs! Just when you think you have them sussed they do something different to throw you out, don't they?! x
  • Hope last night was better Feebs. Is she about 3 weeks now? Ethan turned 3 weeks and immediately turned into a feeding machine, I think he's having a massive growth spurt! I hope Grace's is short lived for you!
  • Nooo! Last night was even worse as she seems to be a bit congested and so within 15 mins of being in her crib kept grunting and snorting to the point where I was getting really worried about her breathing. Being on her side, upright or feeding was the only way to clear her nose so that's what I ended up doing all night. Typically she seems fine today and is happily sleeping peacefully at the moment. She is 3 weeks tomorrow though so I think you may be right about the growth spurt too mrs s! Xxx