Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

Totally O/T

I've just been having a nosey through a few different forums on here (not saying which ones!!) and OMG!

Some people are so bitchy. I'm all for everybody having their own opinion and agree that you leave yourself wide open to comments when you post on here but some people are just plain nasty.

These self proclaimed 'perfect' mums also seem to post really long posts all day long. When do they actually spend time with their babies?!

Sorry for the rant, but it really grinds my gears.

Think I'll just stick in here with all my friends! ;\)

H x

Replies

• I know what you mean Hayley - reactions seem way OTT sometimes!

Sometimes I read them just for a chuckle!

Hxx
  • totally - I almost entirely just come onto BIA - partly as I don't have much time to surf any more but partly because you know everyone on here is so lovely and you'll only ever read supportive or positive threads. I don't understand why some people need to make BE a negative place?
  • It can really flare up every now and again, can't it? I always steer clear of anything that looks like it's going to turn into a debate. I pretty much just post in here and in Baby. Such a shame, isn't it? I like it in here though - it's nice and cosy! xxxx
  • It can get really heated & bitchy. I post here & on baby but never force my opinion or be judgemental. I just offer suggestions, I can't believe some mummies write in those posts! I love it here as kaycee says, I'm all warm & cosy
  • I totally agree. I have been shocked by what I have read in other forums and the plain nastiness shown by some people. I pretty much only use BIA now, you are all right, our forum is so friendly and helpful. I don't know what I would have done without everyone here as sometimes this has been my only source of information.
  • I've made the mistake of posting in others before and been attacked for my views, so I just don't post there anymore unless it's something no one could attack. I love it here in BIA - just a lovely group of friends who live too far away to meet up!

We should so organise a meet up somewhere one day!!

Hxx
  • I am sometimes surprised by what people post, I tend to avoid getting involved in the debates though, although I do read them! It's fine for people to express an opinion, but there's no need to make others feel bad in the process.

Nothing but support here!

I noticed today that Due in April has finally disappeared, feels like the end of an era. I'm glad that we can continue the journey here image