Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sex!!

So has everyone apart from me already had a post baby BD?? How long did you wait?! Grace is 7 weeks today and the plan is to do 'it' this weekend but I'm surprisingly nervous! Feel like a born again virgin LOL!

Didn't feel this way after dd1 as she was born by c-section but after what my lady bits went through this time......eeek!

Xxx

Replies

• *cough* 6 days *cough*

I am a section mama though.
  • We have done the deed twice, 1st time was at 5 weeks. Wouldn't say it was earth shattering & it was still a bit sore from my tear & for some reason I was scared, as u say it's like being a virgin again lol

jayne xx
  • Feebs, you are not alone! We haven't either and we're also at the 7 week stage. Me and DH have been bickering a lot over the last few days so I shouldn't think it'll be any time soon!

Last time I had a 3rd degree tear and we didn't bd until 5 months as I was too scared! This time I've definitely felt like it but I've only recently recovered fro a bout of thrush brought on by the maternity pads so haven't really wanted to.

Let us know how it goes!!!
  • We did 8 days after lo arrived, I had a couple of days where I stopped bleeding, but sex seemed to start it off again. But since I stopped bleeding totally we've been flinging woo like nobodys business (sorry simpsons quote like) ;\)
  • O dear my poor hubby.

Finley is 9 weeks tomorrow and we still haven't. We have done other things but for some reason I am really nervous about actually having sex. I am so worried about it hurting and I have no reason to be because I had no tares or stitches.

I had said that we will give it a go this weekend though so we will see what happens.
  • So glad I'm not the only one who's been putting it off! Dh has woken up with a cold this morning so I may get a reprieve - although part of me just wants to get it over with!!!!
  • So glad I'm not the only one who's been putting it off! Dh has woken up with a cold this morning so I may get a reprieve - although part of me just wants to get it over with!!!!
  • *cough* 6 days *cough*

I am a section mama though.

Whoop, go MrsSetters, bloomin heck and that's with two of them! Alex'll be lucky if he gets any for a year after we have our second!!

Feebs, it was about 4 weeks after Benjamin was born that we got back down to business (it was middle of the night dream sex - neither of us was properly awake to start with, still really not sure how it happened :lol: )! Sorry if that's TMI!!

A bit of pre-conjugal nerves will only add to the it ;\)

XXX
  • We did it at 5 weeks and it hurt, but I don't know whether that was just because I was tense. Same again this morning, perhaps we just need practice!
  • im a section lady too (3rd section) and was about 2 weeks after that we first had sex and are now back to the nice regular every other day sex image although it has now moved to very late at night when lara is asleep.lol Does feel kinda weird having sex in the same room as her.
    claire and lara 9 weeks.
  • God I feel awful now. I only stopped bleeding at 9 weeks and now am on my period so hubby hasn't got anything yet. He's barely even got a cuddle or a kiss as I feel so completely unattractive and flabby. I've told myself that once my period is over, I need to 'break the seal' or it's never going to happen. Quite nervous though - I had an episiostimy and a third degree tear - so I still feel a little tender down below.
  • My OH romantically invited me to 'climb aboard' the other night only to remember we had no protection anywhere in the house! Gah!!!

Other than that we've had a kiss and a cuddle but I must confess when he's tried stuff a couple of times I've shied away as I feel utterly repulsive right now!

Worst case it's our anniversary on 17th July and my Mum is looking after DS while we stay at a hotel so.....

Terrified!!!
  • We started gently and slowly trying at just under 4 weeks. Was absoultely terrified tho as I had 2/3 degree tearing. I tore up and down, gawd knows how!!! Anywho, like I say slowly and gently and it did feel uncomfortable and tender, but my oh was gentle and would stop. Now at 8 weeks pp we are fairly active again, prob had it 3/4 times in the last week and we still being gentle, but it feels absolutely fine, just the odd wee sore bit down there.
    xx
  • My OH romantically invited me to 'climb aboard' the other night only to remember we had no protection anywhere in the house! Gah!!!

Well we had planned to do it tonight until we realised we had no condoms too! Its been so long since contraception has been an issue!! And long gone are the days of dashing to the late night garageimage so looks like we're waiting til tomorrow now!

I totally agree about feeling unattractive - as well as my flabby bits I think my leaky boobs are entirely offputting. I constantly smell of stale milk apart from about 10 mins of the day immediately after I've showered! In this weather that's particularly minging!

Oh well roll on tomorrow...!