Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hospital/postman moan.

Sorry to moan ladies but I have to get this off my chest.
I've just got back from baby clinic, after taking Kayleigh-Mae there to be weighed. I mentioned to the hv that the hospital appointment for Kayleigh-Mae's jaundice still hadn't come, even though the mw refered her 2 weeks ago. The hv called the mw into the room (both clinics run at the same time). The mw said that she had confirmed the referel (sp?) the day after faxing it, but that she would phone to see what was going on.
I picked up my kids from school and when I got back there was a note from the mw saying call me, which I did. She told me that we have an appointment for tomorrow at 3 and that the letter was sent out last week.
I certainly didn't recieve any blinking letter and it was a good job I asked or we'd have missed the appointment. As it is i've had to ask my mom at short notice if she can pick my eldest 2 up from school tomorrow.
So I don't know if it's the hospital that have messed up or if the postman has. Argh!!!
Okay moan over and if you made it this far without getting board then thank you.
Karen + Kayleigh-Mae x

Replies

• How annoying! I really wish the nhs wouldn't just send appointments in the post - would be far better if you got a phonecall or email or could arrange it via your gp - I've missed appintments in the past as I've not received the letter in time. The post is so unreliable.

Hope it goes ok tomorrow anyway. Xxx