Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Holiday happenings!

Did you miss me? Did you even notice I was gone? Hmmmm? :lol:

We have been to Cornwall for a lovely week-long break - well, as break-ish as life can be when you still have an 8 week old baby with you! DD and DS both enjoyed themselves, as you can see:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs059.ash2/36309_400292266501_574711501_4856236_3836536_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs099.snc4/36309_400292316501_574711501_4856242_7334667_n.jpg

We also had two very special events - DS turned two whole months old whilst we were away - and the agile little bugger learned to roll over! By some miracle, DH was videoing him with my camera the very first time he did it, so we have it captured forever, complete with my shriek of disbelief!

Hopefully this link should work for you all:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=400300456501&ref=mf

I can't believe my tiny (well, he was tiny to me!) little baby is growing up so fast and rolling over already!

Replies

• Glad you had a nice time away. Your pic's are lovely.
    I can't believe your lo is rolling already. (Tried your link but it just takes me to my own home page). My lazy monkey hasn't attempted to roll yet and she's nearly 13 weeks.
  • changed the privacy settings on the vid and hopefully it'll work now!
  • That worked. Well done Ethan.
  • That's great. Made me smile - what a clever boy you have.
  • Such a clever little boy, well done Ethan! xx
  • Wow! Clever boy! That's early for rolling isn't it? Grace has rolled from her back to her side but not all the way over so far. Funnily enough DD1 rolled for the first time at 12 weeks when we were on holiday in Cornwall!! Must be something in the water down there!!!!
  • Ah Freya looks so pretty! And Ethan rolling! Cool! x
  • That's amazing Beth! I'm very impressed. Your photos are gorgeous and I was struck by how similar Ethan looks to Rhodri. They have similar shaped heads/faces! How big is Ethan now? I had Rhodri weighed Thursday and at 8.5 weeks he was 14lb 2oz!
  • I kow that he was 13lb 7oz at his 8 week check, but I don't have him regularly weighed so no idea what he might be now, he's 10 weeks on Tuesday. He's long now, rather than chubby, so although the 0-3m sleepsuits are getting small, it's length wise rather than width!

I have no frame of reference for the rolling, DD was prem and has a physical disability so was obviously delayed developmentally, spookily she first did her back to front rolling when we on holiday in Devon when she was 9 months, maybe it's the West Country air that gets them going! He can get onto his side from his back but then usually his fat little cloth nappy acts as a stopper-wedge. I'm not quite ready for too much more development, I want him to stay a baby longer!
  • Glad you had a good week MrsS - your DD looks brill, what fab facepainting! And well done Ethan, flipping heck! So fantastic that you have it to keep on film forever!
  • What a clever boy! DD looks so sweet in your pic