Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

lonely frampton cotterell mum

Hi, dont know where to start with this.
I have just moved to the north side of Bristol and have a four month old baby. I moved from Scotland to be with my partner and then fell pregnant so not had the chance to go out and meet people.
Feel as if i all on my own during the day when my partner goes off to work and finding it hard with family and friends 350 miles away!
Does anyone know of any good groups in the area?
Thanks
Amanda
:roll:

Replies

• Hi amanda. Welcome to the gang! I know exactly how you feel. I am moving TO Scotland in 2 weeks time with our 4 month old daughter and know NOBODY (moving from Essex). Not sure about your area specifically but I have already joined up to a TinyTalk class (they are fab), Baby Sensory and WaterBabies - they are all nationwide so if you google them you will be able to see if there are some in your area. The only good thing is that I get to take the girls on here with me image

K x
  • I wnated to meet other mums with similar age babies so I started a post natal yoga group. Through that I now also attend an NCT coffee morning once a week. So something like that might be an idea. Also could check NCT website to see if they list the coffee morning groups. Good luck xx
  • Thanks image God I couldnt imagine organising a move with a baby. I moved a couple of days before I was due but I was child free and could tell people what to do as I was so heavily preggers. Good Luck.
    Will have a look online at the classes you mentioned.
    Amanda x
  • NCT coffee meeting is only once a month here and im busy on the next two meetings. might look into starting up own meeting or group
    Thanks image x
  • Hiya. i live in bristol.
    Southmead to be exact and sometimes i go to the chatterbox club in horfield and theres a nice group in bradley stoke that i used to go to.
    Welcome to Bristol image
    Claire and Lara almost 5 months
    xxxxx
  • Try your local surestart centre too they usually have a few mum and baby groups! Also netmums has local listings for all sorts of classes and groups so have a look on there.

Xxx
    Fiona & Grace (4 months on monday!)
  • Hi, I'm from frampton cotterell... tiny place! Surprised its come up on the forums! Saw this on the front page.

I'm not due until the end of sept but know of a few groups around. Winterbourne greenfield centre have a group on Monday afternoons, and a jiggle and wiggle on a wednesday afternoon. Plus there are baby and toddler groups as all saints and st saviours hall. Bradley stoke has the most going on, with sticky fingers on a tuesday and Friday morning, and bouncing babies on a tuesday afternoon.

Also Esporta in stoke gifford does water babies.

My email button is acivated I think if you fancied emailing me to chat-meet up! My mat leave starts end of august! xx
  • I was going to suggest net mums.
    I'm from kingswood in Bristol so don't really know your area!
    Did do some driving lessons there though! Lol
    Hope you can get out and about and welcome to Bristol
    Xx