Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

She can roll onto her side!

I got so excited / horrified when I went in to feed her at 1am! She had rolled onto her side and then when I put her back down she went straight back into that position. I was almost bursting with pride that she'd figured out how to do it but then terrified incase she goes all the way over onto her front! I assume it takes them a while longer to get the momentum going to go all the way????

K x

Replies

• Well done Matilda! She must be comfy like that if she went back in that position, how cute.

I think it must take them a while to go all the way over. Oliver has rolled on his side twice (just this weekend) and hasn't done it since. It makes you realise that while they're awake you can't take your eye of them for a second. How fast are they growing up?!

H x

H x
  • Well done Matilda!

Don't worry Kayecee, once they are strong enough to roll back-front they are strong enough to move their head to ensure they have a good air supply! You shouldn't put a newborn down on their tummy to sleep but once they're big enough to roll over they are safe to sleep that way if they prefer.
  • Good to hear Mrs S! I know her head isn't strong enough so she's got a while yet. H - let me know when Oliver goes all the way as Matilda probably won't be far behind given that they were born on the same day! image