Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

To those with other children as well as baby - bedtime Q

Hi all!

I'm feeling that at just over 6 weeks we need to start putting Grace to bed upstairs on an evening instead of letting her fall asleep downstairs with us. She was settling herself in her moses basket in the lounge up until a couple of nights ago but was waking up when I took her upstairs and then taking a while to re-settle. However the past 2 nights she's not even settled in her basket and has also stopped settling once upstairs so, because of not wanting to disturb my 3 year old, I've ended up giving in and having her in bed with us rather than leave her to cry and wake up DD1.

I feel like we've taken a huge step back with this as she was sleeping until her 4.30/5am feed in her crib up until then and now I want to nip this vin the bud with some tough love before she gets too used to sleeping with us. However I'm not sure how to go about this without disrupting DD1.

How has everyone else got on? Has baby's crying bothered your older children? Any tips welcome!!!

xxxx

Replies

• Our DS1 is 21 months & rarely wakes when DS2 (6 weeks) cries in the night.

We've been putting them to bed at about the same time for the last few weeks depending on DS2's feed. The first night DS1 woke up & cried whenever DS2 cried but we've not heard anything from him since.

Good luck.

Xxx