Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

mrs setters

hello

esme's itti bitti d'lish leaked today and seemed small on her. do you know what lb or kilo they are supposed to go up to? she is 12lb

calleigh

Replies

• Options
    Hey Calleigh!

I checked and the d'lish should fit to about 7.5kg/ 16-17lb so it's unlikely she's outgrown it. How long had she been wearing it when it leaked?

They do look small especially compared to other nappies, but they are meant to be a trim hipster fit rather than covering their belly button IYSWIM?

Is it the snap in one version (to boosters that snap in with yellow and purple snaps?) If so you can buy mini boosters to give them extra absorbency.

Just to check you aren't using fabric conditioner when you wash them as it can cause them to repel? Also is she wearing a snap-crotch bodysuit and is this getting a bit tight on her, they can dig in at the sides of the nappy and wick moisture out, quickly soaking everything they touch! Sizing up a vest or getting some vest extender tabs can solve this. I don't tend to use the snap crotch suits at all, I prefer t shirt style ones, ours are from john lewis.

I will think on....
  • Options
    she hadnt hadf it on long and we think she actually weed when hubby took her for her bath, as her moses basket was dry, but by the time he got her upstairs she was very wet. i had struggled to fasten it up earlier, so it was loose around the belly, but any tighter and it was tight on her chunky thighs. it it a snap in one. she was in a popper vest, but a 3-6 months one so it wasnt tight. it was probably how i put it on. thanks for the advice!