Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st Imms :cry:

Kayleigh-Mae had her first lot of imms today and she hasn't coped well with them at all.
She cried when she had them, as expected and she wouldn't settle for a few hours after them, also expected. But since she had them she's hardly fed and everytime she's had a feed she's started screaming after a few minutes and not gone back to feeding.
I finally managed to get her to feed for about 5 mins at 3 o'clock and also managed to give her some calpol, but she screamed for a good 15 mins after, before finally falling asleep. I left her to sleep, but when she hadn't woke up by 7, I got her ready for bed and changed her nappy (a sure way to wake her) and gave her a bottle of EBM I'd expressed earlier. She only took about 3 ozs and that took nearly an hour to get down her before she went back to sleep.
I did notice that on one leg where she had her jab she has a great big bruise, but on the other there is only the mark from the needle, so not sure if it's just the pain from the bruise that has been causing the screaming everytime she's fed as it's either pressed into my body or my arm resting on it.
Well she's just woke up, so I'm hoping that she feels better and will feed like there's no tomorrow and then go back to sleep for the night.
Thanks for reading this far.
Karen x

Replies

• Options
    Bless her heart. Hope she feels better soon.
    xx
  • Options
    G/C from Marxh but just wanted to share that my DD was exactly the same!!
    She had her immunusations on Wednesday and each feed after was a struggle, we would get to 1.5 oz and she would then scream. I left her be and as she was feeding so much less, was wanting it more often so let her lead the way. She woke up this morning back to her old self so hopefully your little lady will be the same tomorrow.
  • Options
    Oh bless her! Must be so hard...knowing you're protecting her but also seeing her out of sorts because of it. I'm dreading them if Lucas is anything like his Dad who hates needles with a passion.

Hope she feels better soon siky

Hxx