Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nearly out of his moses basket already!

Benjamin is 3 weeks, 3 days old today and he is almost out of his moses basket!! He is about 6cm from the top of it when he is stretched out! And he is constantly bashing the sides with his arms. So much for getting 3 months out of it! Is anyone else the same??! xx

Replies

• Fin is the same

He is nearly at the top and he wakes himself up when his hands bash the sides. I tried him in his cot yesterday for a daytime sleep and he slept really well and settled himself.
    I don't think it will be long before he is too big for his basket but there is no space for his cot in our room so goodness knows what we are going to do.
  • Benjamin slept in his own room the night before last Wif - we had monitors on and doors open and it worked really well...less well last night (fine till 12am then he was wide awake till 3am...). So you could always try that. I hated the idea of him being by himself but it did work really well.. His cotbed is in our room and we're thinking about moving it...
  • One of my friends put her baby in her own room at 2 weeks - so it can be done. Probably a bit early for me - 2 weeks - but I've been thinking about starting to put her down for daytimes naps in her cot at 6-7 weeks and then moving her into her own room at night at around 3 months (or until she grows out of her moses basket).

Know what you mean about bashing the sides - Amelia is doing that all the time and wakes herself up - very annoying.
  • Moses baskets really don't last long enough do they? We have a crib in our room which should last til 6 months although we'll prob put grace in her own room at 3 or 4 months depending on how well she's sleeping. Prob with a crib is that you can't have it downstairs in the day and grace hasn't settled in it so far on a night - think its a bit too spacious for the first 2 weeks. Thankfully we borrowed a moses basket from a friend to use downstairs and it just about fits inside the crib so she's sleeping in that for now and we'll progress in stages! She is fairly snug in the basket already though and isn't 2 weeks old yet!!