Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

Anyone thinking of TTC again already?

Hi ladies. Is anyone else starting to think about when they will start TTC again or am I a complete lunatic?

I feel so guilty for thinking about it already because Finley is only 6 weeks but I just can not wait to be pregnant and go through labour again.

Hubby and have decided to wait until Fin is a year old because we want to give him 100% of our attention but we are both very very broody.

Being a mum is so incredible, I never thought it would feel as great as it does and I really hope that we would be lucky enough to fall again.

Anyone else talked about it yet?

Replies

• DH and I talked about it whilst I was still pg. He's getting the snip sometime in the next few months, has had a consultation already.
    So no more for us, unless the couple of times we've got a bit carried away in the throws of passion (:lolimage have resulted in no5.
    Karen x
  • You're a complete lunatic.

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

No more chilluns in this house, thanking ye!
  • I am wif so I'll be a lunatic with you! Took us 18 months to get our BFP with Matilda and I'll be 32 next month so we want to get cracking. I had a c-section but my mw said just 3 months and we'd be okay to try again. I do have a cyst though on an ovary that was discovered at 12 weeks in the pg with Matilda. I really need to get that sorted butit didn't interfere with the pg so I don't think I'll hang around waiting for referrals, etc. I know that sounds a bit irresponsible but I am conscious that it could take us another year or so to fall. I'll see you back in TTC wif! x
  • I would like to have another but when they did my section they said that the uterus lining is too thin to get pregnant again, its too risky. So its 3 for me.

xxxx
  • I said throughout my pregnancy I would never do this again - I was in agony from 18 weeks with SPD and carpal tunnel syndrome and heatburn and...well you get the point anyway...but now I can't wait to do it again! I miss being pregnant, knowing that I'm growing someone inside me, and I loved labour and birth and so look forward to doing it again, so I'd love to TTC again, but hubby wants to wait.

I'll be honest, Lucas was not planned - we've been married 5 years and never used any contraception and so thought we couldn't have kids, but I lost weight and that seemed to kick start my fertility and here we are...Lucas arrived!!! I think for that reason Ian wants to plan the next one carefully...he mentioned 5 years - don't think I can wait that long!

I'm hoping I can bring OH round to the idea of TTC in about 18 months if not before!

Hxx
  • I'm with you WIF!

Hubby and I were in the same situation as Kayecee. It took us 2 years to get pregnant and I can't bear the thought of waiting that long again. I so miss being pregnant and I feel guilty for thinking about it already as well- Holly-Kate is only 4 weeks! Although it wasn't easy, I loved being pregnant, having a bump and feeling her move. And even though my labour and birth was very difficult I really want to do it again.

We'll think we'll start trying after Holly-Kate has had her first birthday. The rate time is flying by that will be upon us before we know it!

• I miss being pregnant!! It took us 3 years to concieve rhea so we want to get cracking onto the next one. We said we'd start trying at Christmas for baby number 2, although if it happened sooner it wouldn't be a big deal.

Jayne xx
  • I'm really not sure to be honest.
    This was my first baby and me and OH have always said we wanted 2 kids.
    But I'm honestly not sure I could do it again.

My pregnancy was fine in a way. Near the end I was having scans and monitoring every week due to his growth being slow and him being so small. It was really stressful. He was then born premature at 35 weeks by c section. the birth was fine and my c section was perfect. But my little one then went to special baby unit and to intensive care as he only weighed 3 lb 8 oz. and it was dealing with him not being with me that I'm not sure I could ever go through again. It was a truly horrific time. Although he was mainly ok seeing him in an incubator hooked up to wires and being on a ward surrounded by other women with their babies when mine was not with me.
    I don't think its something they could fix and its more than likely would happen again.

Will definitely be waiting a couple of years anyway and then maybe discuss it with the doctors.
  • I can't imagine ever being pregnant again! I had horrid morning sickness until 17 weeks and then had to stop work early at 36 weeks cos i had aches and pains and ended up in hospital 3 times. My baby was breech so had to have a c section and the recovery was pretty painful.

I love my little boy but cannot imagine putting myself through that again! I am 37 so not much time to waste if we are going to try for no.2.

• we are. we thought wed ttc again this xmas. if we get pg i will be due sept so would be on mat leave from sept, which means id only be back at work from jan - july, then it would be me, esme and baby at toddler groups!
  • We are thinking about it definitely! I was really lucky to get pg pretty quickly - 3rd cycle - so I am going to go on the mini pill (think that's the one you can have when BFing) for a while but I think we'll probably start trying again when Benjamin is a year old. But I loved being pregnant - even though I moaned at times! - and I can't wait to be pg again - I even miss my experience of giving birth & am wishing that we'd videoed it now so I could watch it - I might change my opinion if we had and I could see myself but I know that I am going to forget the details in time and I really don't want to. I know that I would feel incredibly sad if we weren't going to try and have another baby - it is just the most amazing experience - next time I won't be wishing it away like I did this time.

xxx
  • Well dh and I always thought we'd have three children but this time I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it all again after having bad spd and just finding pregnancy quite difficult with a toddler. At the point of birth I was also adamant that there was no way I could put myself through that again.

I've amazed myself though in how short a time it's taken for me to decide there's no way I can stop at two! I'm terrified at the thought of what my hormones will be like when the third one comes along and I realise that there'll be no more babies until grandchildren...so much so I'd even contemplate a fourth :0)

So yes, we'll be ttc for number three but it won't be for a while. I'd like a bigger gap before the next one - particularly because it should be the last one and so I need to make it last!
  • Hopefully we'll ttc for number 3 once Grace is about a year old. I just have to re-convince hubby who's gone from being dead set on. 3rd bubba to not sure if he can cope with the chaos (and potential all female brood!) that a third will bring. Now is def not the time to push it as we're so sleep deprived but I'm not intending to go back on the pill so we may end up just letting nature take its course!!!
  • We have talked about it, but I think we'll be waiting a couple of years before we start ttc for number 2. At the minute I just can't see past the sleep deprivation!

I'm going back on the pill next week!

H x
  • Ha ha love that you called me a lunati Mrs Setters

I am not the only one. Looks like there will be a few of us back in TTC soon.
    I am determined not to get another POAS addiction when we start again. Hmmm see how long that lasts shall we :lol:
  • We would definitely like 2 and I don't want too big an age gap, no more than 2 years so we will probably start TTC when she's about one. I didn't suffer too badly with tiredness in my first pregnancy, but the thought of the first trimester when I'm as tired as I am now isn't that appealing!
  • I can not wait to have another baby. Blake has made my life so amazing that I can not wait to enrich it even futher with a little brother or sister. Also, it took us over a year to concieve Blake so we have decided to try again after Christmas as I want to give my body time to recover from my C-section and the fact that I also had a broad ligament tear during labour. Also, I want Blake to have Mummy and Daddy to himself for a while longer.
    I miss being pregnant though.