Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice needed!! Is anyone still......

Bleeding? TMI but I'm still bleeding quite heavily and Blake is 5 weeks old tomorrow. The thing is I don't know if its still the Lochia or its a period! Any advice greatly apreciated.

Replies

• I'm bleeding very lightly now and haven't had any red blood for about a week. Grace is 4 weeks tomorrow. Anthing up to 6 weeks is normal and unlikely to be your period. With my dd1 born by c section my bleedin stopped at 4 weeks but then restarted for a few days at 6 weeks. I thought it was mu period but then didn't have another for 3 months so think it was actually a last bout of lochia.
  • I stopped bleeding at 6 weeks. It was easing off from bout 4 weeks. Although at my 6 week check up I has a smear & started bleeding again, but only for a couple of days.

Jayne xx
  • I was actually going to post something similar today too Leeann. In answer to your question, is it your first baby? With my dd I was bleeding for about 6 weeks. It's been a lot less second time round and pretty much stopped at 2 weeks - I'd sporadically need to use pads.

My question is (I hope you don't mind me including it on your thread but it's linked to yours) - Is new red blood normal? As I said, I pretty much stopped at 2 weeks and haven't been wearing pads for the last week (Rhodri's now 3 and a half weeks). All of a sudden today I've had more red blood and I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen?

It's all a bit complicated because I've been suffering from thrush for the last fortnight which has been making things even more uncomfortable down there and I'm not sure whether it's effecting anything else.

xx
  • i was spotting at my 6 wk check and my doc said if it went red again to come back and see her as i might need a scan to check for rpc.
  • I am still bleeding and am 7 weeks on Tuesday. It only starting lessening off this week. I told my Doc at my 6 week appointment and she has suggested that I have a womb scan just in case - but says not to be worried at the moment.