Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

I have so much hope for 3 months, tell me the truth!

Hi all

Am gatecrashing from June.

My LO really seems to suffer with wind/colic/digestive disomfort.... it really overshadows our time.

Both me and my DH have found ourselves fixating on the 3 months mark. We have heard alot about how these issues improve due to maturity at that stage....We are 2 months down,,,

Does it improve then?? I am not expacting things to get easy, I know life has changed for good.... but I want to know if I am setting myself up for a fall?

xxxx

Replies

• Oh lovely! I feel for you. I'll be honest and say although 3 months was better than 2, 3.5 went backwards for me, but 4 seems to be a massive jump forwards! I think you have to steer away from 'at x months it will be better' and just focus on each day as it comes, and slowly you will then see that each day gets a little better generally, but some days seem awful. In a few months time you WILL have forgotten these hard times and it WILL be easier.

HTH

Hxx
  • I can't say that 3 months was a magic bullet for us, things have got a little bit worse from a sleeping perspective for us over the last 4 weeks (she is 4 months today).

I think you have to measure the changes by weeks, not days. It creeps up on you, you look back and realise that things are a little bit better than last week and quite a lot better than 2 weeks ago. Whilst we've had a sleeping blip, she does cry a lot less during the day and can do a lot more which makes things easier. You still have good days and bad days but hopefully fewer bad days!

I hope things get better for you soon, and that we have a big improvement at 4 months like Muffin Mammy!
  • I agree with Lizzie and Muffin Mammy that it's a gradual progress rather than a sudden improvement and it can go backwards as well as forwards, particularly re sleep. I have been able to get my dd to a 4 hourly feeding routine in the daytime which has given me more freedom and made me more in tune with her needs rather than assuming she needs feeding every time she cries so from the persecutive of communication with your LO you'll find a huge improvement between 2 and 4 months.

Xx