Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else....

...... Becoming a 'footie widow' for next 4 weeks?? I am, in fact I've been told that we have to go out & do what we have to do before the match starts this afternoon image I've also be told I'm not allowed to watch tv on the 'big' tv which also has the sky plus. So I've been banished to another room & I can't even watch programmes I've recorded. Pants image(( I also don't mean to sound controversial & expect to get a backlash, but I don't even know why he wants to watch England play, he can't stand them & frankly neither can I!!! Sorry but very true image

hope u all enjoy next 4 weeks, I'm off to the DVD shop to spend a fortune on films!!!

Jayne xx

Replies

• Options
    Not me. I coverted my DH to a rugby fan years ago. So my house will be a football free zone. It's not that i'm not patriotic, but I just don't see the point in watching a bunch of over paid blokes kick a ball round even if it is England.
  • Options
    Luckily my dh hates footie!! We live in Wales so not much excitement but we'reoff to cornwall this morning so expect there'll be plenty of hype there!
  • Options
    I am!

I've been told that by my husband that he'll be watching some of the games here at home and some at the pub. No matter where he watches it though, I still know he's still going to get hammered at each game.

The only plus is that we have 2 rooms that have big TV / Sky so at least I'll still be able to watch what I want (unless I'm too busy looking after our LO because he's watching the football).

Maybe I should tell him that he has to look after DD because I'm going down the pub to watch the football / get drunk. I don't think that would go down well!
  • Options
    I'm really excited about the world cup - determined to get into it as I have in the past and have loved it. It's an excuse to have a beer mid-afternoon if nothing else imageimageimage (is it bad that I'm posting this on a baby website...?!) xx
  • Options
    I am normally a Formula 1 widow (although that's this weekend as well!). I don't mind watching England play in the world cup but just picking up on Jayne not liking England - we are off to Edinburgh for the weekend and naively expecting to be able to find a pub to watch it in tomorrow night - don't famcy our chances much! :lol:
  • Options
    It's an excuse to have a beer mid-afternoon if nothing else imageimageimage (is it bad that I'm posting this on a baby website...?!) xx

:lol: Liking your style Ruth! Cheers! image

PS - That made me laugh out loud btw!
  • Options
    Hehe Ruth a beer mid afternoon sounds great!!!

Kaycee u never know u may have more chance than u think being in scotland & all.lol

Mrs Setters hope u have a great time in Cornwall, always wanted to go!

Sikychops, Dave's a huge rugby fan too so I have the world cup next year too, but I love rugby as well so don't mind as much. Also, well said about being overpaid, I wish I earned all that money just to kick a ball around a pitch for 90 mins oh then pull a muscle in a baby toe & be out for months & still get paid lol.

Kim I say walk into the room where the footie is on & put lo down & just say right I'm off to the pub with the girls see u at closing time lol!!

Jayne xx
  • Options
    I LOVE the world cup and was really excited when I realised being on mat leave means I can watch loads of games. Ivory Coast v North Korea? Bring it on!

I'm with Ruth on the old mid afternoon beers too, would be rude not to.
  • Options
    My husband is totally not a sports person and I'm a rugby fan so there'll be not much footie going on in my house - plus we also live in Wales. Where do you live JungleJayne - are you a non-patriotic English person or Welsh/Scottish/Irish?!?!
  • Options
    I'm from northern ireland!! Although I have English roots in the form of my dad who is a Liverpool man.