Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wahoo. I am so proud

Ok bit of a pointless post but I am one proud mummy at the moment so wanted to share.

Fin is 9 weeks now and I have never been able to get him to sleep in a room on his own. I have been putting him in his cot since he was a week old so that he got used to it but he has never managed to sleep in it and if I put him in it asleep he would just wake up within 5 minutes screaming.
I had tried putting him down in his moses basket in our room to go to sleep during the day and after his 7.30pm feed but again once I am out of the room he just wakes up and will not settle again.

I did give up for a while but he is seriously outgrowing his basket so has to go in his cot soon.
I decided that I would start trying to put him down upstairs for naps in the day.

I took him up to his room and put him in his cot at 7.05am this morning (he woke up at 5.30) because he was looking tired but lately has not been sleeping very well downstairs. Anyway he cried for about 5 minutes then suddenly stopped and just stared at one spot and then fell asleep. He is still asleep up there now. image

Ok he did fall asleep with me in the room but I have heard him wake up a couple of times and talk to himself then fall asleep again.

WAAAHHOOOOO.

He has been self settling in his basket with us in the room but I never thought he would do it in his cot on his own.

Might take the plunge and put him down in his cot tonight. Fingers crossed he will be just as good.

Sorry I have gone on a bit but I am so so proud.

Replies

• That's great wif! We're just starting to attempt this with Grace. The first 2 nights I had to wait in the room til she fell asleep but last night she went down at 9pm and didn't cry so I went downstairs. She had a little cry after 10 mins and I though it was all over but then she settled herself and slept through til 3.30 3usually she wakes between 1 & 2). Even better, after her feed she went back in her crib until her 6.30 feed (usually I have to take her in bed with me as she won't re-settle).

Its only one night but it feels like progress at last!

Woop woop

Xxx
  • Wow, well done Grace

He is still asleep now. Trouble is I am now thinking maybe he thinks it is night time and will get too much sleep.

Hmmm never happy. Seem to worry one way or the other. :roll:
  • Congrats Finn and Grace! It must be the day for milestones - Matilda slept from 8pm through to 5.45am - a personal best! Wish I could say I caught up on sleep but kept waking up to check she was okay!!!

Our bubbas are growing up so fast! xxx
  • Kayecee that is exactly how I feel when Finley sleeps almost through the night.

I keep waking up in a big panick that he is still asleep. I have actually poked him a couple of times to make sure he was ok, soon regretted that :roll:
  • Well done Fin, Grace and Matilda!

It's so strange when they sleep for ages isn't it, you shoot out of bed like a nutter!

Can't believe how time is flying.

H xx
  • Well done!!! We took the plunge last night & rhea slept from 9 until half 6 this morning then had a feed a slept again from half 7 till nearly 10!!!!

Long may it continue!!

Jayne xx
  • Wow he did it.
    Put him down in his cot at 7.30 last night and he slept till 10.30 had a feed and was back down within 15 minutes and that is where he stayed until 7.15 this morning.

I just hope it wasn't a one off.