Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

the last night *sniff*

I'm sat here in bed with grace snuffling away beside me in her crib for what will be the last time and I'm feeling a bit emotional! We've decided to move her into her own room from tomorrow night as she's running out of space in there and I think she's ready now for her own room. DD1 is away for the next 2 nights with my sister so its the ideal time to settle Grace in on her own without disturbing jess (as their rooms are opposite each other) but I can't help feeling sad at the end of an era. 2 months ago we couldn't even get her to sleep in her own crib and now she's ready for a huge cot and her own room. She's growing up so fast!!!

Replies

• It's going so fast isn't it!! I hope that it goes well. I'm resisting at the moment just because it's so easy to haul Daisy into bed for the night feed, but she is starting to run out of room so we'll probably have to make the jump soon too.
  • Oh I'm dreading it, but we really need to make the move now...Lucas finally doesn't need swaddling anymore, but as a result he just shives his hands through the bars and makes a right racket! Plus he wriggles about so much now he tries to turn but the crib is too narrow so he gets wedged and starts crying!

So the blackout blinds are going up this weekend and then he's in his big boy room!

So so sad. I just love being able to look across and see him so peaceful.

Hxx
  • I must admit if she keeps waking for 2 or more night feeds its going to be annoying as the nursery is on the floor below our bedroom so treking up and down the stairs half a dozen times a night is not a winner. Plus there's no room for a chair in the nursery so I'll either have to sit on the floor or in the computer room for night feeds. I'm hoping that she might start to sleep better without us disturbing her though and I know sometimes I cave in and feed her when she's only half needing it as she makes so much noise snuffling about - sometimes she'd prob just go back to sleep if I didn't pounce. That's my theory anyway!!!
  • I must admit if she keeps waking for 2 or more night feeds its going to be annoying as the nursery is on the floor below our bedroom so treking up and down the stairs half a dozen times a night is not a winner.

This is my life! Can confirm it is NOT a winner!!! :roll:

Ah, the end of an era. Can't believe how fast they are all growing up. Hope it goes okay Feebs xxxx
  • LOL kaycee! Let's hope this is just a phase and they're sleeping through SOON!!
  • Well we did it! She made it through til 6am in her cot with a feed at 2am (on the nursery floor as I knew if I took her back to our bed for a feed I'd never bring her back down again!). It felt so lonely when we went to bed and her crib was empty though image