Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

Cradle Cap

Does anyone have any natural remedies?? Im not sure if it is cradle cap, it's on her forehead and eyebrows?? I'm using olive oil just now, any other magical ideas??? xxx

Replies

• We're using olive oil too, it's taken ages to work, but slowly it is clearing up. Hope it works for u soon!

Jayne xx
  • Not sure if what Fin has is cradle cap but he did have a very crusty looking forhead and eyebrows.

I used olive oil and it is almost gone now. Just the tiniest bit on his eyebrow.
  • Thanks ladies, i'll continue with the olive oil, it does se ma little better already!! XX
  • Just an update, at rhea's 8 week app. With the doc yesterday, she gave me some bath stuff to use every other day to help it, it's called oilatum bath formula. We used it last night & have noticed a difference in her skin today.

Jayne xx
  • I use Weleda baby's Calendula oil all over my little boy including his scalp, as he's very dry and flaky and was starting to get cradle cap. I get eczema so it looks like he might get it too, but the oil works wonders and has kept it at bay so far. Smells gorgeous too!