Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Home, at last

Well after a stressful couple of days thanks to that bloody volcano we ended up taking an 8 hour boat trip home yesterday. Rhea slept for most of it, but am so glad to be home.

So oh decided he would cook dinner last night, BIG, HUGE mistake, he cooked meat which was still partically frozen & I was up most of last night being sick, soooo tired today. On top of it all my stepmum is texting me constantly as she is convinced I have PND. Because of all the stress f flight being canx & trying to get home & having a baby who wouldn't settle, I had a good cry, but then my stepmum give me a cuddle & started to say things like it's ok to ask for help, you can get some tablets to help u, it's so much more acceptable now to have depression. I know all these things, but just because I'm stressed & have a cry does not mean I have PND.

Hope all youn ladies are keeping well & all the babies are good. It's Rhea's 1st vac next week, can't believe she's 8 weeks already!!

Jayne xx

Replies

• Options
    poor you, sounds like it was a difficult trip.
    I really understand where you're coming from with your stepmum, my mother keeps calling my husband and telling him she thinks i have pnd. Its normal to have weepy days from time to time particularly when we're sleep deprived and our little ones wont settle. Thats just a difficult day and better to let the emotion out with a little cry than hold it in in my humble opinion.
    My oh has told my mother very firmly that she is stressing me out by constantly saying she thinks i have pnd but so far its not really helping.
    Hope you get over the food poisioning soon and rhea settles more easily now you're home.
    B x
  • Options
    Blimey Jayne - what a palaver. And then to get sick when you get home as well!

I agree with you both - I had a day last week where I had a good blub. Like bod says, it's easy to do when you are lacking in a decent bit of shut eye! x