Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What's going on? TMI alert.....

Sorry about this ladies but I need to share something a bit personal and icky...

For about 2 weeks now I've been having A LOT of CM and I'm starting to worry about it. It's not funny smelling (sorry sorry sorry!) or anything but it's weirdly heavy. Is this a sign that I'm OVing or that AF is on her way or should I go and see the doc?

Has anyone else had this post baby? Did you have any warning of AF returning? Has AF returned yet for anyone exclusively BFing? Grace was 15 weeks on Friday so I'm thinking AF must be due to return within the month or something?

Sorry to bring up such an icky subject but I'm not sure who else to ask about it!

Xxx

Replies

• ive had this too a few weeks ago, and still really. i did wonder whether it was ov but i have not had an af yet. i am ebf too. dd is 19 weeks in 5 mins!
  • I'm sure it is nothing to worry about and probably body just sorting itself out. I have had some CM but not loads. Martha is now almost 15 weeks and I have dropped to breast feeds but still no AF. Quite enjoying that not being around
    xx
  • Boo. Mine's just started and Lucas is 14 weeks. I had quite a lot of CM a couple of weeks ago...could mean it's making a comeback...
  • I've had a lot around middle of cycle, I've had 2 periods & I have ha loads in middle of each cycle. It scared the crap outta me at 1st but used to it now
  • I had loads Feebs before my first AF (which came at 6 weeks but not BF). It seems to have cleared up since that first AF x
  • Thanks guys - you've reassured me that this is pretty normal and not some dodgy infection. I'm really feeling like af could be on her way but no sign so far and its been like this for at least 10days. I'm really hoping to get it out of the way for my hols as I don't want my first period in over a year to strike whilst I'm trying to squeeze my mummy tummy into a bikini!!!
  • I had loads before my first AF. It isn't nice is it?!
  • hi...im sorry to gc....but i was just curious as too what u r talkin bout (im thick and dnt understand the abreviations :\? ) the only reason im wondering is because for a week now i have had some problems...i started bleedin while i was on the pill (hence y i knew it wasnt a monthly and i was 100% sure i wasnt preg like the docs seemed to think i was?!!!!!!!) i finished my pill pack last tues for my 7 days break and i still havent had my period (usually i would of poss fri/sat) i went to docs bout the pre period bleeding and they gave me 2 lots of anti biotics which didnt stop the bleedin either! sorry for tmi and gc but if anyone knowes mayb whats happenin...please say coz docs dont seem to kno!lol!!!!! xx
  • cm is cervical mucus, which is what you get most of whe you are ovulating. is it your first month on the pill? could it e your hormones sorting themselves out?
  • Well the bleedin actually started towards the end of my last pill pack, which was my second packet since havin baby. I had quite bad period pains an generally felt pants,and because bleedin durin takin the pill was totally out the norm for me I went to docs an was prescribed the two lots if anti biotics, which didn't clear the bleedin at all jus gave me thrush! : / my only worry is I haven't had what I kno to b my regular period, is this normal?! Sorry for been abit stoopit an givin tmi!!!!! xx