Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

:-)

Hello everyone, I always seem to find the time to read peoples post and have a nose at advice but never seem to get round to posting anything!

How are all the April babies doing, is anyone else finding it unbelievable how big they are getting!? My little one seems like anything but a newborn now, it makes me a bit sad sometimes I loved having a tiny newborn!

How is everyone doing with sleep at night? I have found my baby boy sometimes will go 9-10 hours at night withut a feed, however he still wakes up. I often wake up at about 3am to him chatting away to himself, but he is never hungry. Sometimes he will not settle down until i bring him into bed for a cuddle or sometimes if i give him his dummy he will drift back off. only problem then is the crying when he spits it out severeal times before he is asleep!

xx

Replies

• Hey GJ. It is going so, so quick isn't it? Have to say, I love Matilda being this age - the interaction is fab! Love getting lots of smiles! image

She is in her own room now so we are all sleeping much better. On a good night she sleeps for about 10 or 11 hours with just one feed about 3am. On a bad night, she wakes for two. It's not too bad though - I am starting to feel slightly less shell shocked now and a bit more human!

K x
  • Hi,

Nice catch-up post! I can't believe how the time is flying! Like KayeCee, I love this age - so many smiles from Benjamin, it's just brilliant! Whereas before if he was upset he would need to be picked up to be settled, now he can sometimes be distracted by a toy, he's just so much more aware! And now I get proper cuddles from him too, brilliant!

I think we're all very lucky with sleep then! Benjamin's sleeping has always been pretty good - he goes to bed between 7-7.30pm and wakes up anything between 6am-8am, though usually about 7am, so he gets abot 12 hours with one feed between 2-5am! He doesn't really have a pattern anymore, though at first you could almost set your watch by him! Having said that he is in calpol-induced sleep at the moment after having his second lot of jabs this afternoon so his good sleeping may all change....

xxx
  • Hey.

I love this age too. Rhea is giggling & looking across the room & smiling at u. Holding toys & loving playtime. I'm very lucky rhea goes to sleep around 8 ish & sleeps right through till 6or 7 wakes up for a feed at goes back to sleep until 10. Although she's like me, never wants to miss a thing so doesn't 't sleep rest of the day until it's bedtime.

Great to catch up Jayne xx
  • Great catch up!

It really is amazing how fast the time is flying, realised that I'll have to go back to work soon!

I'm loving this part...the smiles, the chuckles, playing and, I don't want to speak too soon but...the sleeping through!!! For the last 3 nights Lucas has gone from 8.30pm till 8am and we're all a lot happier for the good night's sleeps!

I do miss my newborn, but my little boy sure is growing up nice!!!

Hxx
  • Hi,
    Great idea for a thread.
    Well I'm loving the smiles, the cooing, the squealing, playing and the attempts to roll over.
    Kayleigh-Mae was sleeping the night through, but for the last week, thanks to the heat, she's been waking up once or twice and wants feeding.
    I miss having a newborn, but have to admit that the responses I get from her now when we play or chat make up for it.
    I'm enjoying watching her grow and change but at the same time I want her to stay a baby forever.
    I know I've said it before (several times) but I'm never gonna have another baby, so I don't want to to grow up too fast.
    Karen x
  • Daisy has really found her voice in the last week and coos and smiles at lot which is so cute.

Sleeping at night is not too bad, for the last few nights she has slept 9.30pm - 7.30am with just one feed at about 4am. She's all but given up on day time sleep though, the odd 10 min cat nap after a feed but that's more or less it. Would be nice if we can start getting her down a little earlier so we can get our evening back. She did go down at 8.30pm last night, but woke at 2.20am for a feed and then was up at 6.30am, so perhaps I should be careful what I wish for!
  • I am just loving Amelia even more than humanly possible now that she is coo-ing, shrieking, laughing etc. She's so funny and smiley. She wants to stand up all the time (supported) and is trying so hard to crawl at just 3 months. She actually just ends up laying on her front and waggling her arms and legs about.

She watches everything - and follows OH and I around the room. In the last week as well she's started to go for longer at night. Initially from 11pm (dream feed) through to 5am but now it's gone to 6am and today 7.30am. Which means OH and I feel so much more refreshed.

I wake up each day excited over what I'll see today. This morning - she grabbed her foot which is also new. I can't believe how great having my daughter is. WHOOPIE!
  • Grace is also at such a gorgeous stage. So smiley and coo-ey!

She's started sleeping from about 7.30pm-7 or 8 am with just one feed somewhere between 2 and 4 which is great. She always wakes at 5ish when it gets light but doesn't need a feed and will go straight back to sleep if I take her in with me so I can live with that!!!
  • It's such a nice stage at the minute. I'm actually beginnig to forget those first difficult weeks now.

I'm loving all the smiles and 'talking' and seeing that he is getting his own personality. It's also nice that he can now grab things and seems really interested in them.

I have to say I also think that getting more sleep is also a bonus!

H x