Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How many of us have been asked........

Are you having anymore? Or any other of the many various ways that people ask that question?
And why is it that people ask it literally hours after you've just given birth?
Erm i'm walking like i've just got off a horse and feel like i've had 2 teams of rugby players kick me up the a**e still wearing there boots. Not to mention that they're usually people that know you that ask and in my case know that I already have another 3 kids as well.
And while i'm on the subject of stupid things to say I also get the 'you must be mad or brave to have so many'.
Sorry I appear to have gone on a bit of a rant :lol:
Karen + Kayleigh-Mae x

Replies

• I am glad I am not the only one.

Also found it hilarious that hours after I had given birth I was being given a lecture about making sure that I use contraception beause I can get pregnant again even before my next period and I was sat there like "er do you really think anyone is going anywhere near that any time soon."

Must admit I am really missing being pregnant though.
  • You guys made me laugh so much when I read this! When we were discharged from hospital the midwife dealing with us said she bet she'll see us again in a couple of years, and I did think, not bloody likely mate! Sikychops, the Rugby analogy is perfect...studs, ouch!

And after 2 nights of cluster feeding and very little sleep, the desire to procreate is quite low right now. Think DH would quite like a go on my boobs though, my milk came in today! No chance fella, dream on!

Hxx and LJ

• Haha!! Been asked thus loads. My dad asked me this while lying in bed with a cathator in me, still with my surgery stockings still on me! My reply to that one was his son in law is never coming near me again!!!! Oh & being asked what pain relief I had & then being told I was so brave to go naturally.

Oh another note everytime we go out ppl will stop & have a look at rhea, but if one more person refers to her as a doll or ask if she was a prem baby I'm gonna slap them lol! Yes she's still very tiny & not at her birth weight yet, but that does not mean she was prem! & my daughter does not look like one of those freaky life like dolls.

Oh total rant there!!!

Jayne & rhea
  • The girls on the postnatal ward all waved us off with a cheery "see you in two years!" We did say after DD that there would be no more, but we genuinely mean it this time - I don't do pregnancy well, and I just can't cope with another 9 months of that level of anxiety!
  • It is weird how many people think its ok to ask about this isn't it? Even when I was pregnant I got asked all the time if we were planning on anymore but I think that's quite a personal question. I must admit though I really don't want this to be my last new mummy experience. Its really hard esp with a 3 year old already but I am loving getting to know grace - even during the night feeds when I'm exhausted as its so nice just focusing on her. I can't imagine not having this experience again!
  • We don't even get asked - it's just assumed that because we now have 2 boys we'll be having a 3rd so we can have a girl!!
  • We don't even get asked - it's just assumed that because we now have 2 boys we'll be having a 3rd so we can have a girl!!

Similarly, quite a few people have commented that we "can stop at two as we've got one of each" which drives me potty! If we wanted more, we'd have more - likewise if DS had been a girl it wouldn't have spurred us on to have #3 just to 'try for a boy'. I'm delighted to have two gorgeous children, regardless of their gender, and choices about expanding our family further will be based on my health and ability to sustain a third pregnancy, not on what genders my exisiting kids are!
  • G/c from march

this really annoys me too....before you get pregnant everyone constantly asks you 'when you going to have one then?' then as soon as you do their going on about 'you having a second?' It's like give me a bloody beak!!!

although I secretly admit...I am thinking about 2nd already image I had an awful pregnancy and was pretty much housebound during alot of it with horrendous SPD...but part of me does miss it..and I reeeally miss the whole labour experience..a freind of mine went into labour last week and I was really jelous lol..how sad is that? Xx

Us too! We have 2 girls so everyone assumes we want a boy - in fact when we found out we were having a girl this time loads of people assumed we'd be disappointed not to have one of each. I've no idea why people think that having same sex siblings isn't just as perfect - I think the relationship between 2 sisters or 2 brothers is lovely - and its loads cheaper in baby gear!! If we have a 3rd I'd be quite happy with another girl although a by would be good too.
  • It was similar for me when I was expecting Kayleigh-mae, because I had a girl and 2 boys people assumed I wanted another girl. They didn't seem to grasp the fact that I didn't care as long as baby was healthy.