Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am I the only one who hasn't seen the midwife yet?

I'm not seeing the midwife for the first time until Friday morning and was told that wont even be my booking in appointment, I'll have 15 minutes with her to work out my dates and get my scan booked then have my booking in appointment after that which will last around an hour?

Whats the point of the first one? I dont get why she doesnt do it all together. I dont even know when my booking in will be. I've heard some ladies say they dont get it until 12 weeks so maybe that's what will happen with me.

Got my reassurance scan on weds evening though. Cant wait!

xx

Replies

• I bet most of us haven't seen the midwife yet.

I'm seeing mine on 15th, and I thought that was early as she didn't come until I was nearly 9 weeks last time! The first meeting here is just to work out the dates, complete the green handheld notes, discuss the care plan for the pregnancy and have a chat about which hospital / MLU to go to.

We also have a proper booking in appointment at the hospital when we have the first scan where they do height, weight, go through the green notes again and bloods. Last time I didn't get mine until 14 weeks, but hopefully it will be a bit earlier this time as I'm seeing the community midwife earlier.

We're not having any early scans this time (hopefully not, I had one at 11 weeks due to bleeding last time), and it seems an awfully long time to wait!
  • I'v not even told the doctor yet HAHA. I don't think I will see the MW for a couple of weeks yet. xx
  • I actually meant to post this is the Due in March forum - sorry! I am due end of March though so not far from you mummies! xxxx