Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A bit about you...

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Rachel, 28 for another couple of months and married to phillip, 31 for 2 years. I work in marketing for a small charity and hubby works in the building trade. All being well, this will be our first baby!

X x
  • Options
    Mrs_Broody_B_x - we have the same EDD image

YummyMummy27 - Your post made me LOL about the sauce haha. Fingers crossed for some pink for you then, Will you be finding out the sex?

Big HELLO to all you other ladies too, Its nice to get to "know you" a little better :lol:

xXx
  • Options
    Hi Sarah ,

Nope won't be finding out haven't done with any of them to be honest i just love the surprise !!

Will you be finding out ?
  • Options
    I will!! I've never been surprised in my life...I like to know what's what and when lol. We found out with ds and I can't wait (all being well) to find out with this one.
  • Options
    Great thread =)

Im Hayley im 21 (22 on the 28th Aug) i live in Suffolk with my fiance of 4 years (Steve 30) we have a little girl called Holly who will be 4 in Dec! I work for my partners business doing his accounts from home which is very handy for me! Had a mc Sept 10 at 8 weeks, then another in Apr 11 at 10 weeks!

Am currently 7+4ish an EDD 1st April 2012 (which i know will change after a scan)

Feeling positive this time round as have alot of symptoms that i never had the last 2 times eg...nauseous, sick alot bleugh!

Wishing all you lovely ladies lots of luck =) x
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Karen and am 28, this is my second pregnancy and baby is due 6th April (4 days before my 29th birthday!)

My daughter Lauren is almost 2 and is my world. Love her to bits.

I've been married to Jamie for 3 years and we live in Bexley, Kent and I work in a Bank in London.

So lovely to share this experience with you all!

• Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Louise and I'm 30. Been married to DH for just over a year and we conceived on the second month of TTC. This will be our first baby and praying that the next 8 months go to plan.

We used to live in North London, but have now moved to Dubai for DH's job in finance (although escaped the heat for the summer and am currently with family in UK - keeping it a secret is NOT EASY!) I run my own (small) company from my computer at home, so can work anywhere in the world - useful when you uproot to the Middle East!

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone over the coming months!
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm 24 and this will be baby number 2 for us. Me and my oh have been together for 8 years and have our ds who is 15months. I mc'd last month so not sure when my edd is, I'm guessing 20th April for now- hopefully no later as ds's birthday's 29th April!

We live nr heathrow and I'm a nurse- lucky to only work one day a week since going back from mat leave and oh is a chef x
  • Options
    Hello. I probably said it all in my BFP thread, but just in case....

Hello!! I'm Kerstin, I'm 34 and DH is also 34. We've been married since May '09, but together for 5 years - we actually met in Sydney, Australia, even though we are both originally from Somerset, and had both been living in Brighton at the same time for *years* before that without bumping into each other! Weird. His Dad even taught in my school.

*Anyway*, I work in clinical research for the pharmaceutical industry, and DH is a programmer for Microsoft - a job which is taking us from Brighton out to Seattle in 6 weeks time. VERY excited but also quite, quite nervous. The annoying thing is, we leave when I'm 11 weeks - so I'll miss out on an NHS scan before we go, and I have no idea how the antenatal care works in the US. I guess this will be a very steep learning curve....which is why I've decided to quit work and be a stay at home mom for now, just until we get a bit more settled.

We have an absolutely fabulous, beautiful, super-happy and easy little monkey in our 17-month old daughter, Genevieve. I just love her to bits, we're so lucky to have such a good-natured little whirlwind in our lives. I can't wait to be able to spend more time with her, and really hoping that the mum and baby groups in Seattle are a little more welcoming than the Brighton ones were for us.

Um....I think that's it. This was our 4th cycle of trying, and I had a blink-and-you'll-miss-it chemical last month, so keeping everything crossed it works out this time. The big problem is, everyone I know wants to catch up with me for "farewell cocktails" before we leave. I don't know how long I can keep up the "Oh, I have to drink coke because we've got so much packing to do tomorrow" excuse. I suspect this cat will be out of the bag pretty soon.

We also have a big, fluffy ragdoll cat called Monty, and a huge dumb yellow labrador called Milo. They are both super-patient with Evie and they're also coming to Seattle! image

Looking forward to getting to know you all in the coming months - a happy and healthy 8 months for us all, I hope! image

KP xxx
  • Options
    Lovely to "meet" you all image So nice to get to "know" you all a little better.

Pepper - We were supposed to be moving to the US but had to put it on hold until after this pregnancy due to not being covered by insurance as im pregnant before the cover was taken out. We looked into paying for it our self but at a whopping average of between ??10k-??15k for a uncomplicated labour alone not to mention MW and scan appointments image there was just no way we could afford it.

xXx
  • Options
    Hi Everyone

Im Lee-Anne, im 29 though turn 30 in sept. Live near Glasgow in Scotland. Been married two months now and conceived on our first month ttc, this will be our first pregnancy/baby so fingers crossed for a sticky bean. Im a school librarian and I love my job so trying not to think to much about being off on maternity leave the now.

Oh and the hubby is 31, 32 in Nov.
  • Options
    just checking to see if my ticker works.
  • Options
    Hello everyone my name is Anita 30 years old hubby is 35 we live in london and have a 15 month old cheeky little boy. i'm a nanny but unemployed at the moment which gives me more time for my hobby knitting and crochet and brings me in a little extra money. i love photography too image i had a chemical a few months back so was lurking here for a while and too scared to join but i guess you can't tell your body what or not to do so i thought i might as well join properly....and waffling on lol...

looking forward to getting to know you all. wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months xxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone my name is Jodie i'm 29, hubby is 32 and we live in Brighouse. We already have a 15 month old daughter who will be 23 months old when number 2 comes along.

I work part time as a PA to Directors of a College and I've only being back at work for 3 months frommy last maternity leave! Looking forward to getting to know you all xx

Oh yeah and this little bump is due on my 30th birthday bang goes the plans for a big boozy party!!
  • Options
    Hey I'm new here image

I'm Nichole, I'm 21 and I live in Ireland. As of today, I'm exactly 5 weeks pregnant image I work for the county council as a Community Arts Worker. It's a great job, I work with disabled people, the elderly, local theatre and youth groups and schools so it's fun but stressful!

I have an amazing partner who's 26 and he's a landscaper. He's also welsh just like your husband Fozzie74! He has a 5 year old son from a previous relationship but this is baby number one for me!

I'm excited but I'm not letting myself be too over the moon because I had a miscarriage 5 years ago and it's always in the back of my mind. But I'm having an early scan at 9 weeks so hopefully that should put my fears to rest.

I'm so sorry for boring all of you, it's just lovely to find somewhere like this.
  • Options
    Hello,

I am 24 n dh is 31, we have a beautiful daughter 18months old and we are expecting our 2nd bubba 16th April (sure it will change at scan)

Before having dd i worked in a bank but have been a sahm since having her n my hubby is a warehouse manager!

nice to get to know u all image

xx
  • Options
    hi ladies I'm Michaela I'm 27 in Sept. I'm already a mum two 2 girls Sky aged 8 and Billie-Jo aged 6.

I was determined not to have anymore children but then met my current partner 2 years ago and never thought relationships could be like the one we have, and he hasn't no children and we decided to have a child together.

We are planning on getting married but not 100% sure when due to the location of our ideal wedding so its just About pricing up and saving for the rest of our life LOL.

my partner just works in a warehouse and i do volunteer work in my local care home X

My partner is also welsh like few of the ladies on here, and we have picke a lovely welsh name if this little bean is a boy. Well i picked he admitted he never crossed his mind to have a welsh name...neither did i but i did fall in love with Bleddyn (wolf in welsh)
  • Options
    Hello Ladies

I'm Chloe in 30, 31 in October and I'm a mummy to Henry who is 10 months old.

I'm married to Andrew we got married in Feb 2010 - yes Henry is a honey moon baby!! and we've been together 8 years.

I live just outside of Lichfield in Staffordshire, we've been here 6 years now but we lived in Surrey before and I'm originally from Salisbury in Wiltshire.

We have two crazy chocolate labs, Malcolm who is almost 6 and Monty who's almost 5. So its a very busy house.

I work as an advisor helping people with disabilities find work, I'm currently doing 3 days a week as I started back at work in August, and I'm hoping that I can continue doing this until number two arrives.

According to the calculations I'm due 19th April but 'm expecting this to be a least a week later after the scan.

Chloe xxxx