Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HELP!

Hi Girlies

Don't know if I will be with you lot for much longer, unfortunately I have had slight bleeding (only on wiping, sorry for TMI) wed & thurs morning and a dull tummy ache to go with it. Don't really have any symptoms but I never really did in the first place apart from sore boobs. Does anyone know the earliest time the midwife can detect a heartbeat ( i am 7 weeks tomorrow). I have convinced myself its another m/c. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Nicki xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Nicki

Sorry to hear this....but it's not necessarily bad news, lots of ladies get some mild bleeding just from all the stretching that's going on. Midwife won't be able to detect a heartbeat this early (it's usually around 12-16 weeks before they can detect with the doppler), but a scan almost definitely will - have you called your local early pregnancy assessment unit? Try Googling to find your local one, and they should be able to get you in for a scan to reassure you.

Good luck - hopefully it's just a naughty bean, having a wriggle around to embed further in to his/her cosy environment!

xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi hun sorry to hear this chick I know it can be scary but don't give up hope. With my DD I had a bleed at 6 weeks it was only when i wiped and lasted 2 days, we went to the EPU and they gave me a scan which showed a heart beat (the scan was internal.)

I have also had some bleeding this time round in the first few weeks of pregnancy so its not uncommon and doesn't mean bad news. Please seek advice though, ring your local Early pregnancy unit and ask them for advice.

Fingers crossed for you hun xxx
  • Options
    Hey hun, I was just going to say what the other two ladies have replied so I wont bother repeating what they have already said. Bug hugs hun. Try get yourself a scan and let us know how you get on.

xx
  • Options
    Hi

Thank you loads for you advice & support, I really appreciate it. I rang my local EPAU they advised me to get a referral from my GP so got to see them on Monday for an appointment, then EPAU will see me sometime next week for a scan. Fingers crossed all ok. thanks again.

Nicki xx
  • Options
    Fingers crossed, thinking of youimage Hope it all goes well.
  • Options
    fingers crossed for you.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you hunni, hope epau get you in very soon xx
  • Options
    Good luck at the EPAU. I really hope u get a quick appt and all goes well.

I bled on and off for the whole 1st trimester in my last pregnancy (and after 3 previous mcs it was very scary) but my little one was just fine.

Thinking of you

xx
  • Options
    Hi ya

Just an update, went to EPAU this morning & had scan only measuring 5wk 3days so alot less than I thought, the first date of last period was around the 2nd july so by my calculations should be around 7wks. Had an internal scan too & found a heartbeat & have got to go back in 2wks, so has put my mind at rest a little bit but still a long way to go yet. Just a bit concerned about the measurements though, any ideas?? xx