Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

Telling the in-laws later...maybe

Well, we go for our scan later today and providing all is well the plan is to tell the in-laws. However...

Oh's brother is down with his gf. We're not sure if they're pg (she has a 5 month old) but apparently when I spoke to them last week they were adamant that they want to get married before another one. Ordinarily I would accept this but they always seem to want to 'surprise' the family constantly. It was cute in the beginning but now it's getting annoying. E.g. coming down unexpectedly and we all have to drop our plans to go and see them etc etc.

I'd rather not tell any of them until we actually have the baby as I hate all the fuss and competition and so does oh but it always ends up this was with his older bro then having to 'step up'. How on earth do we stop it?! As it is I think mil will just be like 'oh, another one?' as it'll be her 6th grandchild.

Aarghh...family politics! Anyway, just wanted to rant. Hopefully we wont have to tell them today and keep it to ourselves image

Replies

• Did you keep it secret??
  • What a difficult situation! me and hubby r trying our best not to tell anyone until our 12 week scan. But I worry someone figuring it out before I tell my mum or hubby's patents. So will prob tell them at about 8/9 weeks.

Did u spill??? X x
  • Yeah, they weren't pg so we did tell them. Pretty much the response I expected but nevermind, at least my friends and my parents were delighted! Families huh?! lol
  • Aw Hun some people!! Oh well nothing can take away from this amazing news!!!

X x