Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dr appointment tonight

Hi ladies, been feeling lowsey today. Think I may have a water infection so managed to get an out of hours appointment at 19:30. I've been really dizzy today, lower abdo and back pain, vomiting and pain when passing urine so will have to see what he says. Will keep you all updated.

Emma xx

Replies

• Options
    You poor thing. Water infections can be horrid and it's good that you got a doc appt. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care.xx
  • Options
    Hi gen, it turns out it is a water infection so got some antibiotics. She did give me the signs to look out for in case it is an ectopic but I think I'm too far now for that as I'm 10+2. so should clear up soon.

Emma xx
  • Options
    Glad you got some anti-biotics, hopefully they will clear it up quickly. I swear by cranberry juice also when I get them, so try that if you can stomach it, as it really helps with the pain when you go to the loo.

From what I've read if you have an ectopic pregnancy it shows up between 6 and 8 weeks most commonly so sure you'd be fine by now. image

Hope you feel better soon. xx
  • Options
    Hope your feeling better soon, i had a uti when i was pregnant with my youngest and it was agony! So i sympathise. x x
  • Options
    Aww, I feel for you! I got a uti and ended up in hospital for a week at 23 weeks last time due to fluid on my kidney. The pain was worse than labour. It started when I got to work and by early afternoon I was packing off to hospital. Make sure you get it checked out if any of you think you might have a uti as they can turn nasty pretty quick!!
  • Options
    I get re-current kidney infections, I literally can't go three months without getting one, and I've been pit under care of a consultant to be closely monitored. It can be serious for baby if u have kidney infections apparently! Bit scared!

So everyone, look out for those first symptoms!